ABF | Don't know which way to go

Boona545

BetterSafeThenSorry
Credits
Im currently employed at YRC (first trucking job out of school) I've been with them for a little over 1 year. I've applied for ABF which starts of at 20.86 with full company paid benefits. I have a interview to do a road test. But I was approached by a Fedex freight driver today telling me to come to FedExFreight and that he could get me in making $26 an hour. I asked him about benefits he said he didn't know about them because he's on his wife benefits. ABF is closer to my home so I wouldn't have to commute 1 1/2 hours to work one way, but FedEx pays more but it's also the same as far as the commute. But having a good hourly pay is just as important as having good benefits. So that's where I'm stuck at, I have a family of 5 and I'm the sole provider.

Every barn is different. In Chicago, time off was just not possible. I was extremely depressed and miserable there, but EXTREMELY well-paid with top-notch benefits. I fear for this upcoming contract negotiation, but...all in all? Abf wasn't bad at all.

Every barn is different. In Chicago, time off was just not possible. I was extremely depressed and miserable there, but EXTREMELY well-paid with top-notch benefits. I fear for this upcoming contract negotiation, but...all in all? Abf wasn't bad at all.

Fedex pays a little more and hour but does not pay overtime, where ABF pays OT after your 8 hour on duty. This is a big difference in pay at the end of the week.

Fedex pays a little more and hour but does not pay overtime, where ABF pays OT after your 8 hour on duty. This is a big difference in pay at the end of the week.
Fedex pays OT after 8, just don't expect much OT as that's the way run. My buddy works there and he is also on his wife's bennies. In the Northeast in Boston or New York area thier top rate is a it $27.

Fedex pays OT after 8, just don't expect much OT as that's the way run. My buddy works there and he is also on his wife's bennies. In the Northeast in Boston or New York area thier top rate is a it $27.

I work at Fed Ex ot just depends where your at, i get all the ot i want, sometimes more than i want. Our GPD is screwed up top rate here is 24.58.

Our negotiations will go based on our demeanor. If we are defiant, Hoffa will squash with his minions. Take our vaca, pay cut, etc.if we cooperate, Hoffa will order a fight. You will see...Hoffa is ill, needs to be empowered, needs his image....

Our negotiations will go based on our demeanor. If we are defiant, Hoffa will squash with his minions. Take our vaca, pay cut, etc.if we cooperate, Hoffa will order a fight. You will see...Hoffa is ill, needs to be empowered, needs his image....

Wasn't there a German leader somewhere in the last century that lead an entire nation to ruin because of undiagnosed megalomania?

He was extremely depressed and miserable but it wasn't bad, what? Too funny

Well, I could afford a lot of nice things that I never got to see, and my finances were stable. My current job is much happier, regardless. So...if you need money and benefits, ABF is a good choice. But forget about life outside those green trucks.