XPO | dont worry be happy

i goto factories everyday where people make half of what we do ,and raise families on it ,i dont know where in the world 23.55 an hour is a joke.last year i made 67k dollars as a city driver and i wasnt even topped out for the whole year ,yes i worked an awful lot of hours but my kids went to bed with full bellies.i grew up in poverty, my kids wont ,thank you conway for this job

i goto factories everyday where people make half of what we do ,and raise families on it ,i dont know where in the world 23.55 an hour is a joke.last year i made 67k dollars as a city driver and i wasnt even topped out for the whole year ,yes i worked an awful lot of hours but my kids went to bed with full bellies.i grew up in poverty, my kids wont ,thank you conway for this job
23.55 an hour is very good in the south it 21.50 no ot till 50 .The cost of living is high In Atlanta , Nashville, Virginia or the Carolinas and FL is not chep

When one is assessing their value as an employee, they should consider: 1) What else does my skill set and education qualify me to do for a living? In other words, what other better paying options do I have? 2) How many people are standing in line willing and qualified to do my job for less?

The answers to those questions tell you whether or not you are worth more to your employer than you are currently getting paid or if you need a reality check.

IMO $20/hr + benefits means you are doing pretty well considering the likely answers to those two questions.

I will try not to worry about the insurance i won't have in 2014.......and be happy I still got a job.......

just dont care anymore....

take my insurance, my extra shipments, 401k, job security for being a human being...TAKE IT ALL. Just keep passing out the star cards. My family loves the recognition of my hard labor. Dont worry about being cheap labor...its coming ..be happy...

take my insurance, my extra shipments, 401k, job security for being a human being...TAKE IT ALL. Just keep passing out the star cards. My family loves the recognition of my hard labor. Dont worry about being cheap labor...its coming ..be happy...

Forgot about the extra shipments. Now I have worry without happiness. ..

just dont care anymore....

When one is assessing their value as an employee, they should consider: 1) What else does my skill set and education qualify me to do for a living? In other words, what other better paying options do I have? 2) How many people are standing in line willing and qualified to do my job for less?

The answers to those questions tell you whether or not you are worth more to your employer than you are currently getting paid or if you need a reality check.

IMO $20/hr + benefits means you are doing pretty well considering the likely answers to those two questions.
Your saying that I could not expect better or try to get better pay at work. I should be happy 25 years from now making the same thing. Im going to gess that is not you are or what believe. You get on these boards and try to push your brainwashing on us

I said STARTING PAY not $23.55 come on read my post carefully, and just how long did it take to get to $23.55

SCFreight you say your a client with con way Im gessing you have a contract with them . Why should I not have one

I used to go to a factory that made gold and silver jewelry shipped around the world. The owners had their name on everything around town and buildings at the university. They loved to donate money for water fountains and had many beautiful fountains on property all over town.
They also employed a lot of young women in their vast production department. Was a great place to take a lunch. After getting to know a few of the employees I found out how they worked full time and still qualified for government assistance ( Welfare ) that's how these people survive is off me and you.

SCFreight you say your a client with con way Im gessing you have a contract with them . Why should I not have one

Yes, we do have a contract with them. You also have one now. Your agreement with them is to provide certain services in exchange for certain compensation. I don't have issue with you having a contract, it's what that contract might say.

If you can get more pay than your currently making, you should make the move. This company is not going to shutdown if you leave :D
You mean Con-way is still in business?? I though for sure that they would fold after I quit. I was feeling so guilty that all you people would lose your jobs once I left. I'm so relieved that they pulled through without me. :1sm057crazy:

You mean Con-way is still in business?? I though for sure that they would fold after I quit. I was feeling so guilty that all you people would lose your jobs once I left. I'm so relieved that they pulled through without me. :1sm057crazy:

Yeah, walmart is still in buisness too. Look how well their employees are compensated. These two companies are so similar.