Holland | DOT Physical

I just took my DOT Physical and nothing was said about my weight..I am a few pouds over....about 30 and nothing was said
I guess it was just me then. Sorry to have posted anything that may have been presented in a manner to insight fear or questions.

And we now must use national certified medical examiners, Law as of 05/21/2012. All drivers must comply by 05/21/2014. So when you walk into that federally certified facility and they look you up and down, they may say that you have to take sleep apnea test and you pay for it. Where as going to your own doctor he may not have felt that you needed it,and a gain you can't use your doctor anymore. And so we will be saying goodbye to a lot of drivers soon. Good luck all.

Sorry man I just don't see that going on at our barn. We have 150 employees here a not a single person has lost time due to sleep apnea. BP and sugar yes.

Darn it anyway. Jeff might as well shut this entire site down since we are going to lose Abandoned as a member. Darn it anyway. It was good while it lasted. I mean, seriously, how could we continue on without him.

here in RO we use there doctors...cannot use ours..been that way since i started....guys more senior said always been that way. Also guys who just had there physicals said nothing said about weight or sleep apnea. Spelling stinks...

On Feb 7th I had my physical, I was six three and I weighed 291.6 pounds. The DOT doctor did the calculations and said to get down to a 34 BMI I had to get my weight down to 272 pounds. He gave me a 90 day card and told me how many calories a day I should keep my intake down to, he said three meals a day of about 660 calories and two snacks of about 220 calories. He also told me to walk at least 17 minutes a day. I walked 30-40 minutes a day five days a week and I tried to keep my calories down six days a week, I did not exercise on the weekend and one day each weekend I ate whatever I felt like. I went back in after 50 days and had gotten my weight down to 272 right on the head and the doctor gave me my regular card. He did not give me an exact explanation of what would have happened if I had not lost the weight, but I got the impression I would have went through the sleep apnea testing. I had luck losing weight by cutting dairy and bread products out of my diet and eating a lot of meat. People have told me this is sort of the idea behind the Atkins diet, but I am not sure. I hope no one panics and quits driving because of these new laws, if the doctor is like mine, they are willing to work with and help you get to where you need to be.