ABF | Double Rainbow Over The Rock

It was quite the storm that developed west of conway yesterday.

It eventually formed tornados just south of Forest City and Memphis etc. a couple of hours later.

The one rainbow situation I share are two. I had a moon bow over the green river in Colorado and in order to understand Green River there isnt much up there., You have to cross a desperate little bridge and then drive nothing for a few hours to get to a bigger road. The camera (Pentax 1000 failed to take the bow, not bright enough. Only one Ive ever seen.)

The other was coming down below Troy PA in a rain squall on 15. The sun came out and it was still raining. I had a rainbow on all of my wheels, particularly the 4 drives.

Oh that radio started teasing me something awful. I gave it right back equally. Not fit for printing.

new company urinal?
The LR terminal is on forty acres. Storm water drains off to the North, East & somewhat to the South & eventually to a lowland known as Dark Hollow which is across I 40 to the South. Several years ago a young environmental zealot found something blue in the swamp water. He spent several days in his hip waders braving the elements & record size cottomouths tracing the source of the mysterious pollutant. He finally traced it to the terminal & summoned the PC&E Commission. He thought a huge fine would be collected. They came on to the yard & got Doyle, the then terminal manager & whoever the safety man was & pointed out the box where the deadly toxin was originating. What they found was a broken carton of toilet bowl cakes which is of course biodegradable & poses no threat to the environment.

Last edited:
The LR terminal is on forty acres. Storm water drains off to the North, East & somewhat to the South & eventually to a lowland known as Dark Hollow which is across I 40 to the South. Several years ago a young environmental zealot found something blue in the swamp water. He spent several days in his hip waders braving the elements & record size cottomouths tracing the source of the mysterious pollutant. He finally traced it to the terminal & summoned the PC&E Commission. He thought a huge fine would be collected. They came on to the yard & got Doyle, the then terminal manager & whoever the safety man was & pointed out the box where the deadly toxin was originating. What they found was a broken carton of toilet bowl cakes which is of course biodegradable & poses no threat to the environment.
Doyle was a few years before my time. When I started, Evans was the branch manager and Westmoreland was the safety man. BD and 381, as you both probably already know, Bertha ain’t met a cake yet that she could not handle. LOL!!!

I am dying over here. Howling and short on air. You finally did it.

They fired that do gooder didnt they? The one who chased the blue.

Doyle was a few years before my time. When I started, Evans was the branch manager and Westmoreland was the safety man. BD and 381, as you both probably already know, Bertha ain’t met a cake yet that she could not handle. LOL!!!
Doyle wasn't a bad guy to work for but he did not like being lied to. If you messed up & you told him the truth you might get a warning letter depending on the circumstance. I remember dock guys saying they would be glad when the old _ _ _ _ retired. After Evans was there for a while they wanted the old man back. He put on a tough act but he did not want to see anybody lose their job. Mr. Young gave him autonomy to run the terminal.
I can work for anybody if they are fair.

Doyle wasn't a bad guy to work for but he did not like being lied to. If you messed up & you told him the truth you might get a warning letter depending on the circumstance. I remember dock guys saying they would be glad when the old _ _ _ _ retired. After Evans was there for a while they wanted the old man back. He put on a tough act but he did not want to see anybody lose their job. Mr. Young gave him autonomy to run the terminal.
Everyone that I know that was there when Doyle was in charge have pretty much said the same thing that you just said. He was a hard ass, but if you did your job, he had your back. I was told a story once that the Fort wanted him to lay off a certain number of men in the city, dock, hostle classification. He did so, then worked them five out of seven days which put them right back on full time by contract. They never missed a day of work. He was told again to lay them off and he did the same thing again. Finally, Mr. Young the 3rd showed up in person to explain to him why this must be done. It takes a good man to risk his own job for the sake of the ones he manages. But like you said, if you lied to him you were toast. That is what I was told by many of my brothers who were there when he was.

old bastard retired?