Yellow | Dovetail or endtail for roadway?

I could be wrong, but I think its dovetail for everyone all the way around... :shrug:

Hey Snake,If I remember...Dosen't 710 dock have dovetailing in the contract?....but with this Utility program starting I wonder if it will change things?.....

I could be wrong, but I think its dovetail for everyone all the way around... :shrug:

I would have to agree.
Just read through the entire case from Carolina and ABF and the key word to promote question was aquisition.
We have been functioning under the umbrella of yrc incorporated for years now so this aquisition word is removed from our equasion. This can only be called a merger and the langusge very clearly dictates a dovetail!

Has anyone heard anything on that subject?

I agree with Wiggly and others it will be a dovetail. I think an importatant question will be seniority application in instances where through the merging process when a change of operations is moving not only terminals in the same city together but also moving people to other citys. Like let's say COL Yellow and 242 Roadway, 242 decides to move the rest of their break to Cinn.
Who gets to go just Roadway people or will both barns have the chance to move since the work moving will be work handled by the new Yellow Roadway.

Just one of the thousand or so problems they will have doing this. It all rides in the hands of our leaders. I know that makes me feel better:hysterical:

Does anybody know what would happen if a Yellow seniority board combines with a Roadway seniority board, and a Yellow employee and a Roadway employee share the same seniority date?

sharing seniority dates

Does anybody know what would happen if a Yellow seniority board combines with a Roadway seniority board, and a Yellow employee and a Roadway employee share the same seniority date?

In some cases they will go back to application dates.

Or coin toss or pick a number, and no I'm not joking.
guys stop it!!! in the past, if 2 guys started on the same day at same facility the company determined their seniority numbers by the dates on their applications......I know because it happened to me at stroudsburg, and was told that was co. practice....