FedEx Freight | Downshift

i have been driving trucks foe 22 years, i remember when i first started i was in nuetral more than i was in gear. every body has their own style of driving, they would have to let us all go if they start nit picking about stupid stuff, as far as seatbelts in the yard they can stick it.

Well let me tell you about what's been going on. He says that Manger's in the office have a quota to meet when it comes to right up's so I got to make sure to walk a straight line at FedEx. Also that he like to ride with people that have never driven before. Because you can't teach old dogs new tricks. All i know is that tomorrow is the last day I ride with him. What a Driver trainer.

pickle bet you cant wait maybe one day you can mentor somebody and hopefullay you have learned from yours how not to be a mentor :1036316054:

He says that Manger's in the office have a quota to meet when it comes to right up's so I got to make sure to walk a straight line at FedEx. Also that he like to ride with people that have never driven before. Because you can't teach old dogs new tricks.
Sounds like a bunch of :horse: to me. See if he will buy your lunch tomorrow.

When We take lunch he goes in and eats at the restaurant and I stay inside the truck and eat my lunch. 30min away from him is a life time to me.:nutkick:

Well let me tell you about what's been going on. He says that Manger's in the office have a quota to meet when it comes to right up's so I got to make sure to walk a straight line at FedEx. Also that he like to ride with people that have never driven before. Because you can't teach old dogs new tricks. All i know is that tomorrow is the last day I ride with him. What a Driver trainer.

He sounds like a true butthead:nutkick:

We all develop bad habits. Free wheelin' is one, but unless you have your head up your arse, it's not dangerous. I'm surprised he doesn't have you start out in 1st.

I float the gears so it's pretty easy to downshift, but it does take more fuel to do so..... so I usually don't. I'll downshift a couple of gears, but downshifting to a stop is just extra work. That is why there is a middle pedal.

I don't wear my seatbelt in the yard, or when backing. It constricts me and I need to move around to really see in the mirrors.

Your mentor may be trying to train you in the "right" way to do things, but I could make a safe bet that he doesn't practice what he preaches. If he's an annointed trainer, you can bet on it. If he's just a average joe city driver, he might be trying to impress you with the difficulty of driving. Whatever.

Once you're on your own, you can do what you want as long as it doesn't get you in trouble. My trainer told me that he had to show a problem, and as the training went on, a resolution to the "problem". It's window dressing and everyone knows it.

If you are on your own now, congrats! Shift like you want to.

They know. If they really were serious about us driving right they would install and cooperate the vorad with sattelite "babysitters". They could monitor revs, idling , coasting, speed, following distance and lane compliance, not to mention real time gps tractor locations and up to the minute ETA's, they can also shut the tractor down with a keysroke. They could also ditch the ever faulty gatereaders.... and the majority of verbal communications to central dispatch. The technology is there, and many other companies can and do use it. Some (BP) are even starting to install front and cab facing cameras in their trucks, so they can physically watch you driving in real time.
....Scary stuff.

I would love the camera,I would pick my nose ,scratch my a$$ ,yawn all the time just to see if they would say anything.All fun aside that would Suck!:chairshot: