FedEx Freight | Drive-By Card Signers

There will be 8 terminals that will have Teamsters pay and benefits that the other 372 won't have. It won't work like if you had all 380 terminals on the same contract, but it can work. Remember, there is strength in numbers. Ask a Schneider driver that was Union how it worked for them.

If I may, I think he may be referring to Linehaul drivers going to terminals that aren't union.. An animosity or bad feeling thing... And I have seen and heard of it happening... I could be wrong though about his thought process....

And, what happens if a Union driver transfers, for whatever reason, to a terminal that's not union? They can say in the contract it can't happen, but if someone's parents are up in age and needs attention? That's why ALL have to get this done, so questions will be raised.. Maybe some of the old Overnite guys could elaborate about it more than I can..

Let me start out by saying I believe we need union representation. I will do what I can to convince people. However, calling people names are calling them chicken**** isn't helping the cause. People have a right to change their minds. I don't know what the person's mindset was when they signed a card. I tell people everyday don't believe what I tell you check it out for yourself. If at the end of the day you want to say no, I will shake your hand, pat you on the back, and move on. In the end if you vote for what you believe in and do what's best for your family, then in my opinion we are all winners.

Some folks some say "chicken ****" as apposed to saying "uneducated", I like to think......LOL

I am also for representation but I too feel that name calling was out of line.

We need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

We can disagree respectfully.

I will continue to try and help my fellow co-workers get the answers to their questions, share facts and point out the lies and half truths.

Again, nothing to do with disagreeing. Not out of line. All aimed at specific people. And deserved. Its the actions. Not that there's a difference of opinion or disagreement. Its weak. Lame. I don't think we need people like that so immediately only to blow a vote. Don't sign something you're not certain on. Wait. Just vote no when a vote comes. Don't be all mushy or afraid of some percieved confrontaion that you think might occur by not signing and just sign to fit in with the crowd. Maybe we need people organizing who are better at reading people instead of going after any warm body that can wield a pen. Enough of the desperation to get signatures.

They fell for the company lies. We care. We love you. Had corporate humps waiting at the gate for us each morning at EPH. Free food, relaxing of rules, it was hilarious. Since the vote went YES, haven't seen anybody, the grill is cold, no love. I thought they cared. Well about profit, yes. But hey, so far the union has gotten you a solid raise, free meals, new equipment, scorecard thrown out, harsh critical write up policy thrown out, harsh critical write up for snow day call out policy tossed, vacation and time off freed up tremendously, personal days approved again, relaxing of silly 30 minute gate times and stops per hour (at least where the union is in), and a general overall sigh of relief knowing your job ain't going out from under you because of some hostile corporate agenda. Thanks Teamsters!

Seems like in all the barns where there's been a vote or a petition pulled that NEITHER the Company or the Teamsters have brought doughnuts since the big day.

This week I've gotten EXACTLY the SAME amount of voice mails from Fred Smith as I have from Jimmy Hoffa Jr.

Why no big union citys have filed? Boston Chicago New York Detroit Pittsburg Cleveland, one would think these citys would have started this fight? but yet not one has filed?

Why no big union citys have filed? Boston Chicago New York Detroit Pittsburg Cleveland, one would think these citys would have started this fight? but yet not one has filed?

Well it could be because the effort is futile (not) or that when they pull the trigger, they intend on winning with absolute certainty. The vote happens when they have true vetted support. Not just any signed card from squishy types and whoopee lets have a vote. They want cards from the definite hearts in it no question about it committed. And if this isn't so, it should be. Maybe thats why vote dates are being pulled until that time comes. Out of line I know.

just find it strange, is all.

Several violations of the National Labor Relations Act have led to these so-called "Drive-by Card Signers".

Let me tell you one of the reasons that I know this from an experience at my barn. We had a secret informational organizing campaign going on that had about 50% support and with more drivers coming on board each week when all of a sudden someone flipped on us and told our service center manager. Our SCM then instructed his supervisors to spy and listen in on employees in the break room and on the dock. (a violation of the NLRA)

Supervisors were reporting to the manager every time they heard the word union come out of a driver's mouth. (a violation of the NLRA) Most of the time it was not even pro-union. Drivers were discussing the union issue constantly because the company and management were bringing up the union issue on a daily basis in shift meetings, company videos, and flyers posted in the break room... even the break room employee intranet computers have screen savers that have 12 anti-union slogans constantly playing. So of course employees were constantly discussing the "UNION" because it was in their faces everyday.

.... Long story short, the supervisor's were way over reacting and reporting driver's names to the SCM just for saying the word "UNION" but most of the time they were just discussing the information they heard on a daily basis from the SCM. One of our supervisors leaked to us that a secret list of names was being created and was sent to corporate daily.

The big laugher is that half of the people that were on the secret list were anti-union drivers but the supervisors that wanted brownie points with the manager, didn't even take the time to hear the discussion they were reporting on. If they heard the word "UNION", they reported it. (a violation of the NLRA)

When drivers heard about this secret list, they became worried they could lose their jobs because they figured our SCM would just create BS write ups or if they had an accident in the near future, they would be let go. (a violation of the NLRA)

It has taken about 2 months for us to clear that up and convince people to support the union again and we are building strength daily and when the time is right, we will file. The corporate misinformation anti-union stuff is our best recruiter. Please keep it up!

This is a true story and if you think you don't need a union or a third party to protect you from a corporation that is keeping secret lists... then you're nuts!

What if they have other secret lists? Maybe secret lists of drivers that have high family medical bills that cost this self insured company a lot of money? You have to wonder how low will they stoop? What other secret lists are there?

Last edited by a moderator: