Averitt | Driver Appreciation Week

ltl lifer

Sr. Citizen & Gold Member
Credits
This week, September 15-21, 2013 is Driver Appreciation Week.

I know some of the real terminals will be served a great dinner of some sort.
Some will be fed a cold hot dog or pizza.
At my house, won't get a #@ ^&%$ thing...this is if we are lucky >>>> :spam1:

I feel so loved.

I've read notices at the serctrs I've been at the past couple of weeks...there are going to be a variety of different meals served at various time....sounds like the crew at your serctr SUCKS!

Looking forward to it, don't get to see the leadership from Corporate very often. Knoxville goes all out, mainly because of the location and the amount of drivers that pass through the area.

sounds like the crew at your serctr SUCKS!
Ya think? Of course they suck, always have and always will. Until Little Dick is gone and a competent replacement comes along and realizes that the Texas regional manager sucks and as a result he loves our incompetent manager, who, in his eyes, can do no wrong. It's the good 'ol boys club for sure.

Looking forward to it, don't get to see the leadership from Corporate very often. Knoxville goes all out, mainly because of the location and the amount of drivers that pass through the area.

I could care less about the corp bunch. What I would like to see is for someone to have come in and given our nasty terminal a good cleaning and a fresh coat of paint. But that will never happen.

What I like about their appearance is the one on one face to face talks about any concerns that we might have, much better than over the phone.

Concerns. ..in one ear, out the other. Its all a big rah rah show that they are obligated to do but hate meeting the pleebs. Pack up the cardboard cutout of Gary and ship it ro rh the next hot dog palooza.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Was in Dallas this week. Saw several flyers posted about speaking about how much Averitt appreciates it's drivers.
Invited to join them for doughnuts in the am and cookies in the pm.
I felt so loved when I read that.
The only think better is if I could get a red Averitt comb so as to comb my hair to look pretty in my goofy uniform.

I was in DAL this week also, you would have thought, they could have had something everyday for the people, as busy as that place is....NADA..ORL had more than DAL. The other serctr had more than DAL had. Good NEWS , that RAT FACE ***** than worked the dock desk at night is now in dispatch, replaced by a pleasant lady! Had to educate one of those YARD DOG PUNKS at DAL this week also.....another story for another day!

jeepman;1261134 Good NEWS said:
Not sure of the guy on the dock but do understand about the Yard Dog guy. I was going down the line on my way out after hooking up and he came flying out from between 2 trailers. Had to slam brakes to avoid him.
Dal has too much happening on that yard. West coast contractors, Parkway Equipment parking, HEB, Pods, plus all of the Averitt normalcy. I really don't care to much to go there.
The incompetent regional mgr. that is based there can be blamed for a lot of Dal ills. He is undoubtedly one of the biggest problems in our company and has been around WAY too long.