Pitt-Ohio | Driver Facing Camera

I remember being OTR no way I would tolerate inside cab camera that's basically your home... If they didn't like it I would tell them when you give me a camera in your bedroom so I can watch you sleep and fornicate with your wife I'll let you watch me. Even the camera facing outwards is invasive since it can pick up the reflection on the windshield of you inside the truck.
Quick tip:

Cover the daycab back window with a towel especially if a PM driver so the reflection doesnā€™t bounce off

They say some of the newer cameras have ai technology and can read facial expressions to tell if you are getting tired or destracted. Its the dang insurance companies pushing it. They will turn the companies into a revolving door.

They say some of the newer cameras have ai technology and can read facial expressions to tell if you are getting tired or destracted. Its the dang insurance companies pushing it. They will turn the companies into a revolving door.
I read about Amazon putting that in some of their trucks. In the article they interviewed drivers who quit because of them. They were being brought into a manager's office because of how often they blinked their eyes or yawned. I mean who comes up with this stuff? The drivers who quit weren't being punished for anything at all. They just couldn't work with that kind of harassment and no longer appreciated their jobs. People used to become truck drivers because they liked the freedom that came with being on your own. You kept your job because you showed up for work on time and did what was expected of you. Some of these companies aren't happy unless they're making their people miserable. I can deal with certain policies that I don't like or don't even agree with but, without question, a dash cam will just make me seek employment elsewhere.

To make matters worse, the most common response to objections to the cameras is ā€œ if youā€™re not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.ā€ That one statement speaks volumes about how out of touch companies are as to why a driving job is chosen over other trades that pay the same or more but offer a more predictable schedule and higher quality of life outside of work. The doors have been opened for a new breed of lesser skilled ā€œdriversā€ which will obviously bring with it a new set of issues for which the companies only have themselves to blame.

To make matters worse, the most common response to objections to the cameras is ā€œ if youā€™re not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.ā€ That one statement speaks volumes about how out of touch companies are as to why a driving job is chosen over other trades that pay the same or more but offer a more predictable schedule and higher quality of life outside of work. The doors have been opened for a new breed of lesser skilled ā€œdriversā€ which will obviously bring with it a new set of issues for which the companies only have themselves to blame.
I agree 100%!