Estes | Driver facing cameras

safetravels

TB Lurker
Credits
One of the shop guys was saying we are moving to driver facing cameras. Any other drivers hear about this?

Last edited:
I have not, really hope not, may be time for me to find another job if they do.
Good luck finding a company without driver facing camera, there are lots of threads on here from other companies that already have them or getting ready to install them. IMO every company will eventually have them.

I have not, really hope not, may be time for me to find another job if they do.
Wear your sun shades, they won't recognize you.
I wish our trucks had cameras back in my days.
I sang and played the harmonica on the CB.
Our safetyman would have said, "damn, can't you play anything but The Wabash Cannonball?

Last edited:
Wear your sun shades, they won't recognize you.
I wish our trucks had cameras back in my days.
I sang and played the harmonica on the CB.
Our safetyman would have said, "damn, can't you play anything but The Wabash Cannonball?
If your doing what your supposed to do ,No Worries.If your caught on the phone picking your nose, and don’t have two hands on the wheel ,Your ::shit:: outta luck,Find another job or unionize.It’s there truck .They can do what they want with it and you can’t say a word.You have no leverage.

If your doing what your supposed to do ,No Worries.If your caught on the phone picking your nose, and don’t have two hands on the wheel ,Your **** outta luck,Find another job or unionize.It’s there truck .They can do what they want with it and you can’t say a word.You have no leverage.
PIE in Charl was a pretty laidback place to work.
Supervisors didn't treat you like the enemy, you screwed up big time to get into trouble.

I wouldn't like it worth a crap either, I don't know your situation, but if I had 15 or 20 yrs and really liked my job, I'd have to give it a little more thought before quitting.
5 years. Started at the dock yhen to a straight truck now I'm pulling doubles. If I find a camera in my truck, I'd turn in my equipment, leave and wouldn't look back. When a company puts cameras in a truck they are saying a few things.

1. That they don't trust you/question your integrity as a professional driver.
2. That when an incident occurs they will find any and every excuse to fire you and absolve them of any fault.
3. That they're lowering their standards and will hire any Tom, Dick and Larry who meets the bare minimum to drive now a days.

I'm just not gonna stand for it. Unfortunately the good ole days are gone and they aren't coming back. I understand leaving after so much time invested seams rash but for all the reasons I just listed, your company will get muc h worse before it gets better.

5 years. Started at the dock yhen to a straight truck now I'm pulling doubles. If I find a camera in my truck, I'd turn in my equipment, leave and wouldn't look back. When a company puts cameras in a truck they are saying a few things.

2. That when an incident occurs they will find any and every excuse to fire you and absolve them of any fault.
3. That they're lowering their standards and will hire any Tom, Dick and Larry who meets the bare minimum to drive now a days.

I'm just not gonna stand for it. Unfortunately the good ole days are gone and they aren't coming back. I understand leaving after so much time invested seams rash but for all the reasons I just listed, your company will get muc h worse before it gets better.
Different strokes for different folks.
I think your choice would be up to the individual.
I wouldn't be surprised that somewhere down the road, we'll see cameras in all commercial vehicles, like it or not, I'm afraid it's coming.

Don't do that they need you. And they pay you very well.