Estes | Driver facing cameras

5 years. Started at the dock yhen to a straight truck now I'm pulling doubles. If I find a camera in my truck, I'd turn in my equipment, leave and wouldn't look back. When a company puts cameras in a truck they are saying a few things.

1. That they don't trust you/question your integrity as a professional driver.
2. That when an incident occurs they will find any and every excuse to fire you and absolve them of any fault.
3. That they're lowering their standards and will hire any Tom, Dick and Larry who meets the bare minimum to drive now a days.

I'm just not gonna stand for it. Unfortunately the good ole days are gone and they aren't coming back. I understand leaving after so much time invested seams rash but for all the reasons I just listed, your company will get muc h worse before it gets better.
You already have a camera in your truck

Most companies are going to cameras because it saves money on insurance. A lot don't care about it being used. We have electrical tape over the inward facing lens on ours, if you have a mechanic replace a windshield, they don't take it off. No one cares about watching you at a reasonable company, it's just to save them money.

We got inward/outward cameras in our trucks when we still Conway and we had a few chest thumpers complaining and threatening to quit. Most of the chest thumpers are still driving for the company and as a drive cam coach, I think the overall level of driver professionalism has improved at our company.

We got inward/outward cameras in our trucks when we still Conway and we had a few chest thumpers complaining and threatening to quit. Most of the chest thumpers are still driving for the company and as a drive cam coach, I think the overall level of driver professionalism has improved at our company.
You're a drive cam coach?

I didn't know Xpo still had drivecam coaches. When i worked there the driver quit that was doing it and he was never replaced

Long enough to be able to tell safe driving behavior from unsafe driving behavior. I've driving for 20 years and out of curiosity.....why do you want to know?
I was curious because of what OD was doing with our driving coaches. I wasn't trying to set you up. I just wondered what the qualifications were. With that being said I personally couldn't do it because I believe in karma.

Qualifications. Speaking in general terms because I don't want to risk saying something my company views as proprietary or secret, I'd say someone with a safe driving record, an employee who views the company's success as his success, someone with some computer skills, objective, and who is trusted by management.

5 years. Started at the dock yhen to a straight truck now I'm pulling doubles. If I find a camera in my truck, I'd turn in my equipment, leave and wouldn't look back. When a company puts cameras in a truck they are saying a few things.

1. That they don't trust you/question your integrity as a professional driver.
2. That when an incident occurs they will find any and every excuse to fire you and absolve them of any fault.
3. That they're lowering their standards and will hire any Tom, Dick and Larry who meets the bare minimum to drive now a days.

I'm just not gonna stand for it. Unfortunately the good ole days are gone and they aren't coming back. I understand leaving after so much time invested seams rash but for all the reasons I just listed, your company will get muc h worse before it gets better.
I agree . Been here over 21 years. I’m outta 109. Terrible working environment here!!!