FedEx Freight | Driver nailed for theft

chitownpeddler

TB Veteran
Credits
We had a driver this week terminated from the company. We have confirmed it was for theft but all of the red shirts are playing dumb about it. Rumor has it the driver was throwing extra skids from other trailers and off of the dock on the tail of his trailer. He was stopping at a rest area before he got to CGX and off loaded it into another vehicle. It is said that the FBI has been following him for 2 or 3 months video taping what he has been doing. I heard they say he stole $100,000 worth of freight. He had been with the company for just under 3 years. A driver for around 2 years. He was a really nice guy and hard worker. It shocked us all when we found out. It just goes to show looks can be deceving

i wonder how that pays into incentive checks?
lost freight, not on time, and a shortage?

$100,000. converted into what 2 - 300,000. dollar loss?

how much would that fig into our checks ( both incentive and and payroll)?:chairshot: :chairshot:

I heard the guy was driving his Range Rover to work. I don't know about you guys but that is not a affordable truck in my eyes , maybe a used , used one .

I heard the guy was driving his Range Rover to work. I don't know about you guys but that is not a affordable truck in my eyes , maybe a used , used one .

When he first started he rode a 10 speed bike to work. Then when he became a driver he upgraded to a beater grand prix. Then the next thing you know there is a range rover sitting there. He bought that last spring or summer

Don't they check door seals at CGX? Compare seal number to one on bills.

I heard he was changing the seal numbers on his manifest to match the new seal he was putting on the trailer and then initialing it. Again this is all second hand info so I'm not positive that it is all true

the driver was from aur not cgx, and he was calling his buddy to meet him big screen tvs dont you know what a waste of a life in my opinion

We had a guy in SJM do the same thing, SJM is a small satellite terminal. He was the only person coming in in the morning to load city routes and he would short freight bills and put the freight on his trailer.

He would then drop the items off himself at several storage facilities. He got busted because he donated one of those Zero Turn Radius mowers that he stole to his kid's school, then they sent a thank you note to the SJM Center, which tipped off the center because it was one of the things he took.

Since the freight crosses state lines it is a felony Interstate theft charge, so I'm sure just the loss of this AUR driver's job is just the beginning.

roog

I am wondering if the breakin and theft of the tractor, trailer and freight from Lincoln last year is connected to this. The same time Lincoln was broken into so was AUR and MAU. Nothing was taken from AUR and MAU as far as I know. I had heard that some tv's were taken from AUR but no one has ever confirmed that. Again all red shirts played dumb. I was talking to one of our red shirts a few months ago. I said in my opinion it would make sense that all was done by a AUR road driver. I couldn't imagine one of our guys doing this but it just made sense to me. The MO was the same at all 3 centers. Since AUR was involved, unless you know the operation there how would you know what to take or where to look? And sinse we service LIN and MAU our road guys know how they operate. Maybe it is just my thought process, but that's my thoughts.

I am curious how often this stuff happens because you never hear anything about it

I remember years ago a Wal Mart driver had quite a little racket going. Many of you probably remember this, but when they finally busted him, there was well over one hundred thousand dollars worth of tv's, electronics, etc they pinned on him, some of it recovered while still sitting in his "hide-a-way" shack back in the woods.

He would leave his local Wal Mart DC to "where ever", but would first make a run out through the woods and go through the trailer and unload whatever he wanted to keep.

This went on unabated for a good while because the trailer always arrived at the destination with the original seal still in place and intact, with no sign of tampering. They were searching high and low for dishonest loaders/unloaders, store workers, DC workers, everywhere but the driver himself.

They finally exposed the scheme. He had rigged a little "support" structure at his "hide-a-way" shack to hold and support the rear swing out doors. When he arrived, he removed the bolts attaching a door to the trailer and carefully swung the door open enough to unload his stache without disturbing the seal. When done, he bolted the door back on and went on his merry way.

As you may notice, you now see nothing but roll-up doors on Wal Mart trucks!

I dont think I ever saw any dockworker or supervisor checking a seal to see if it matched if it was a company driver. Only on purchased trailers, maybe we would check.

da

We dodn't even have a guard at TOL you coud come onto the property during the week and take what you want they wouldn't know sh%$. It's terrible.Some terminals get what ever they need others just ahve to scrap for what they need. It's so different from one operation to the next.If something was to happen there sure would be some finger pointing but they would never point it at themselfs.

We have an alarm at our center but our manager has it turned off at nights and weekends because every time it goes off he has to come out there. It has electronic beams and birds will set it off so he fixed that problem.

We have an alarm at our center but our manager has it turned off at nights and weekends because every time it goes off he has to come out there. It has electronic beams and birds will set it off so he fixed that problem.

:biglaugh: When something happens he won't be there to fix it next time.:biglaugh:

I am wondering if the breakin and theft of the tractor, trailer and freight from Lincoln last year is connected to this. The same time Lincoln was broken into so was AUR and MAU. Nothing was taken from AUR and MAU as far as I know. I had heard that some tv's were taken from AUR but no one has ever confirmed that. Again all red shirts played dumb. I was talking to one of our red shirts a few months ago. I said in my opinion it would make sense that all was done by a AUR road driver. I couldn't imagine one of our guys doing this but it just made sense to me. The MO was the same at all 3 centers. Since AUR was involved, unless you know the operation there how would you know what to take or where to look? And sinse we service LIN and MAU our road guys know how they operate. Maybe it is just my thought process, but that's my thoughts.
it sounds like your saying you can't trust a road driver,blame everything on a road driver,you must be one of those city drivers that don't get along with the road drivers at your center.:butt kiss: