XPO | drivers

S

spitt2000

I noticed an ad in the paper today for drivers that listed 20 as top pay, anybody with any info on bebefits, or starting pay? any ideas for a guy with only as bobtail cdl, on gettin on there, i heard good things about them

spitt2000 said:
I noticed an ad in the paper today for drivers that listed 20 as top pay, anybody with any info on bebefits, or starting pay? any ideas for a guy with only as bobtail cdl, on gettin on there, i heard good things about them
spitt2000,
There are several good hands on this here forum who drive for Conway.Sit tight ,I'm sure someone will post a response and or PM you .Good Luck .
Doing more stops by noon than most do in a month .52 today before noon today .
Mike

top pay at con-way is 21.95 per hour, .52 cents per mile. i don't remember starting pay but is around 17.10 hourly and i beleive .37 cents mile. if you don't have your endorsements or a full cdl they have an apprenticeship program. be warned there is dock work involved this is not just a driving job but it is a great place to work. depending on what you like we have city pickup and delivery during the day, or my favorite night linehual some do not like the hours but i do and the pay is better. benefits cost 1% of your gross income for the week so if you gross 1,000 dollars you pay 10 dollars and that is for some of the best insurence there is. i have used it and never had a problem.

17.30 and 38.8 cpm to start. this is for central, southern and western are lower, but i don't know the numbers. you have to have a class a with doubles/triples and hazmat before they'll let you fill out an app.

not at xsb you can come never even looked at a truck fill out an ap and become an apprentice they haven't hired an expeirenced driver in a long time the apprentice program did not exist when i came here and then all of a sudden thats all they hire now

jdog said:
not at xsb you can come never even looked at a truck fill out an ap and become an apprentice they haven't hired an expeirenced driver in a long time the apprentice program did not exist when i came here and then all of a sudden thats all they hire now
That's strange,XSB is in a poor area.I thought the locals would be lined up down the street to make the big buck's.With people like JOEL,GREG,NORM and BETH I would love to work at that place.

17.30 and 38.8 cpm to start. this is for central, southern and western are lower, but i don't know the numbers. you have to have a class a with doubles/triples and hazmat before they'll let you fill out an app.

Western starts at $18.10 and 41.5cpm. More in some of the Urban CA areas like UOA, USJ, ULA, USB, etc.

mike- did i read that correct. .52 stops equates to about 2 per hour. how about 3 plus per hour

This info is more than a year old. I am not sure how much con way starts. I am not even sure what or where I am at on the payscale. My ex wife does though LOL .. all I know is I will reach topscale 8/2010 LOL ..

This info is more than a year old. I am not sure how much con way starts. I am not even sure what or where I am at on the payscale. My ex wife does though LOL .. all I know is I will reach topscale 8/2010 LOL ..
It's two years old. No matter what they start at, it will probably be changed next Monday.

top pay at con-way is 21.95 per hour, .52 cents per mile. i don't remember starting pay but is around 17.10 hourly and i beleive .37 cents mile. if you don't have your endorsements or a full cdl they have an apprenticeship program. be warned there is dock work involved this is not just a driving job but it is a great place to work. depending on what you like we have city pickup and delivery during the day, or my favorite night linehual some do not like the hours but i do and the pay is better. benefits cost 1% of your gross income for the week so if you gross 1,000 dollars you pay 10 dollars and that is for some of the best insurence there is. i have used it and never had a problem.

My top pay is $23.05 in hour in CT.

It is amazing how much ex-wives really know...my ex called someone in portland, who put her through to someone at the XBP (Bridgeport, CT) terminal, who then put her through to ann arbour...who then went to workmens comp and started taking my child support out of my workmens comp pay THAT DAY!!! It was amazing...it took her a total of maybe 3 hours to zap the child support out of my workmens comp pay...hows that for efficiency...i dont even know who to call in portland and i have worked here for 9 years...

Surely she had to show legal paperwork to get this done?

I've seen both sides of a situation like this and none in a good light. Apparently they (Child Support) pick and choose who they want to go after. If the woman needs the money badly, they do nothing. If the man is doing all he can, they stick it to him. :hide:

It is amazing how much ex-wives really know...my ex called someone in portland, who put her through to someone at the XBP (Bridgeport, CT) terminal, who then put her through to ann arbour...who then went to workmens comp and started taking my child support out of my workmens comp pay THAT DAY!!! It was amazing...it took her a total of maybe 3 hours to zap the child support out of my workmens comp pay...hows that for efficiency...i dont even know who to call in portland and i have worked here for 9 years...

Surely she had to show legal paperwork to get this done?

I've seen both sides of a situation like this and none in a good light. Apparently they (Child Support) pick and choose who they want to go after. If the woman needs the money badly, they do nothing. If the man is doing all he can, they stick it to him. :hide:

It is an on going thing..since 1999 actually...it just cracked me up that she knew who to call in portland and i dont...