Yellow | drug and alcohol abuse on the rise in cincy

little indian 1

TB Lurker
Credits
one road driver fired for pot the 1st time, went to rehab came up positive again for cocaine. 2nd driver fired for meth-amphetimine havent heard from him. And yesterday a road driver came across the southbound i-71 scales below wilmington ohio, with his hood, fender, and fuel tank all tore up. and was pulled around back written up for dui and relay mgr had to come pick him up.while enroute to cincy he barfed in relay mgrs new lincoln trk. got back to terminal and got into his pick up and attempted to leave terminal and was arrested again for dui. This is the story so far.more details later:redneck: :TR10driving03:

little indian 1 said:
one road driver fired for pot the 1st time, went to rehab came up positive again for cocaine. 2nd driver fired for meth-amphetimine havent heard from him. And yesterday a road driver came across the southbound i-71 scales below wilmington ohio, with his hood, fender, and fuel tank all tore up. and was pulled around back written up for dui and relay mgr had to come pick him up.while enroute to cincy he barfed in relay mgrs new lincoln trk. got back to terminal and got into his pick up and attempted to leave terminal and was arrested again for dui. This is the story so far.more details later:redneck: :TR10driving03:
If that makes the papers it ain't gonna be good.......:wtflol:

Last year had to go out and rescue a set on the side of the super slab. Seems a driver coming from the Windy going to Minnyapples was weaving all over the road. They stopped him and found an open bottle. He was summptin like .20 or so. Sad part is that my daughter travels this same stretch about the same time as this guy was on it. Guy was with Rdwy about 5 months.

john/nyc said:
Driver shortage

need drivers so reduce requirements

get a higher incidence of crap hires
meanwhile, guys with years of service starving for work or laid off. Maybe they should offer them a transfer.

serta said:
meanwhile, guys with years of service starving for work or laid off. Maybe they should offer them a transfer.

Seems like this would be a no brainer but after 27 trs and 13 company's I hav'nt seen 1 safety department that cares about safety, 1 human resources man that cares about experience, or any T M that worries about on time service as long as he can't be blamed for the failure.:rolleyes: I know bad attitude but it's all hype:nutkick: Please just give me 3 more years:smilie_132:

Without pointing the finger at any one person this problem should have been execpted because when the transportation ind is forced to look for drivers right out of school or worst hire drivers with bad records then you get what you get.
Alot of times things work out for both the Co & the Driver. Then again you will start running into drinking and drugs and trucks getting wrecked and worst, People get hurt.
We all started with no experence BUT when you are forced to hire from the bottom of the barrel then look out!

serta said:

Very good point you made there. Also, the union and company could improve their in-house driving programs too. Therefore, the people on the docks that have been with the company already that would like to expand on their skills as a worker could. Furthermore, they have already deminstrated they are reliable to come to work and in various conditions too. It is a win win for everyone! Mistakes breed mistakes and success breeds success.

Fight the good fight​

English??

metroman said:
Without pointing the finger at any one person this problem should have been execpted because when the transportation ind is forced to look for drivers right out of school or worst hire drivers with bad records then you get what you get.
Alot of times things work out for both the Co & the Driver. Then again you will start running into drinking and drugs and trucks getting wrecked and worst, People get hurt.
We all started with no experence BUT when you are forced to hire from the bottom of the barrel then look out!
Try being in an area were you can go into the drivers room and no- one is speaking ENGLISH! Welcome to (830)

Roadway and their other companies could use different recruiting methods to find better equipped drivers. A lot of drivers have no clue how good we have it. I know for myself I didn't know anything about Roadway until I started asking questions. It probably took me 2 years as an OTR trucker working for crappy companies to learn where I wanted to work at. They should really look into advertising better. Having a presence at the truck shows and those magazines in the truckstops need a Roadway ad.

truckinusa said:
Roadway and their other companies could use different recruiting methods to find better equipped drivers. A lot of drivers have no clue how good we have it. I know for myself I didn't know anything about Roadway until I started asking questions. It probably took me 2 years as an OTR trucker working for crappy companies to learn where I wanted to work at. They should really look into advertising better. Having a presence at the truck shows and those magazines in the truckstops need a Roadway ad.
still the question of quality

Bird-Dog said:
Also, the union and company could improve their in-house driving programs too. Therefore, the people on the docks that have been with the company already that would like to expand on their skills as a worker could. Furthermore, they have already deminstrated they are reliable to come to work and in various conditions too. It is a win win for everyone!
Hey BD.....You hit the nail on the head. RDWY should be cross training their current employees to do different jobs. Then when there is a need for drivers, switchers etc. they are alread trained and ready to roll. At 671 we have two state certified CDL trainers. RDWY has stopped training, though?!?:duh: We just had a crossover and two slots did not fill. There were several people signed up but the company stopped the classes back in September. What is the use of having the trainers and not using them, especally when you need them now?!? And like you said, RDWY already knows these workers and no need for the vetting process. DS.