XPO | Early retirement packages?

XAH DSR

TB Lurker
Credits
I know this is just a glorified rumor I am starting. I am curious to know if any other con-way employee can confirm or deny that the over hiring of new employees maybe the cause of con-way offering early retirement packages to some of us who have hung on a year or two longer than we should have because of the stagnant economy? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

With the merger at Fedex Freight at the end of January, they offered all the older drivers a very attractive severance package to retire. I excepted the deal and received my severance check in March, and my first pension check in April. Best thing I ever did. TP

I know this is just a glorified rumor I am starting. I am curious to know if any other con-way employee can confirm or deny that the over hiring of new employees maybe the cause of con-way offering early retirement packages to some of us who have hung on a year or two longer than we should have because of the stagnant economy? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

sooooo... the rumor you want to start is over-hiring or early retirement packages?

There is no early retirement package for the freight division. We have nothign to do with what FedEx does. I wush their was a buy out,but I retired last Oct,and glad I didi about all the things they are doing to the drivers now. But they have always hired more drivers than they needed, because the last 1o or 12 years most people they hire do not stay. If they trested people now like they use to they would not have to hire as many.

sooooo... the rumor you want to start is over-hiring or early retirement packages?

I goofed on my original post. Could conway possibly be offering early retirements with the over hiring they are doing at certain locations to replace guys that might opt out IF this is conway's plan especially at terminals that have alot of 20 plus year guys who should have retired already.

I am not starting any rumors. I am just asking if anyone has heard this rumor besides myself outside of my terminal.

Merdock... did you understand what he was saying through his confusing post?

it has always been easier when they just get on their soapbox and just get everything wrong at their terminal off their chest.

Is he mad because his terminal's level of freight has declined?
He wants to move up the seniority ladder?
maybe he just doesn't like 20 year guys?

That is my question. Yes. Has anyone else heard this?

as a company WE ARE SHORT DRIVERS, maybe not at your place, but no one that I know of is asking anyone to leave due to too many years of service. As drivers we are hourly employees with 401-k's... what would you suggest to be the golden carrot in an early retirement package?

Twice Pipes said:
With the merger at Fedex Freight at the end of January, they offered all the older drivers a very attractive severance package to retire. I excepted the deal and received my severance check in March, and my first pension check in April. Best thing I ever did. TP

Just to clarify,severance was offered to everyone regardless of age.