FedEx Freight | Effective Feb,2013, customers to pay $175 surcharge PER SKID,if freight cant be stack

No F-bdy Bs

TB Veteran
Credits
One of my customers showed me this today.

Fedex sends out a sheet at the end of every year explaining rate increases for the coming year.

One of the points was to start charging $175 for every skid we pick up that is not stackable.

Wow. In most cases,that will cost them more than the initial shipment cost.

I wonder if it will be an update installed on our handhelds where the driver checks a box for stackable/non-stackable.

Wow, they better hurry. They only have 2 months to find another carrier to haul there freight.

This company amazes me

Maybe they will spend the $175 per skid to buy new boards and beams so we can deck freight.

I wonder if the customer knows the freight it stacked even if it says do not stack. If any carrier says they won't do it the are full if it.

One of my customers showed me this today.

Fedex sends out a sheet at the end of every year explaining rate increases for the coming year.

One of the points was to start charging $175 for every skid we pick up that is not stackable.

Wow. In most cases,that will cost them more than the initial shipment cost.

I wonder if it will be an update installed on our handhelds where the driver checks a box for stackable/non-stackable.
Now that's a big change from a while back when they had bargain basement pricing try to run the union careers out of business, it won't take a customer two months to find a new shipper there are still good well maintained teamsters careers that will take care of that freight.

How about carriers?

The spelling police have arrived.
Hopefully the grammar police will arrive soon and provide backup.
At that point the situation should be well in hand.

They still dont get it they have more than one competitor in LTL this is not packages they will never learn.

They double stack freight on skids that are clearly marked do not double stack now. I guess in February the customers will just pay more for the same service.

It's funny how so many have a first post of some sort of rumor!

Hardly, ask some of your customers.

Fedex issues this same letter at this time, every year.

Also, while it may have been my first post, I am not new to this dance.
I have been with Fedex for 10+ years. Started as a Handler with Express at the SHVR ramp. Moved up to a RTD Ramp Agent, did that for about 6 years. About 4 years ago, I moved over to Freight as a City driver. I have seen Fedex from all angles.

WTF would you move to freight when you could have opted to stay in Express's defined benefit pension fund?
Something's not passing the RC sniff test.

WTF would you move to freight when you could have opted to stay in Express's defined benefit pension fund?
Something's not passing the RC sniff test.

When I started with Express I was single. I now have a wife, and a little girl. The Express schedule is not condusive to a good home life. I was going in at 10pm, running a Dallas meet point, coming back to the ramp, and start building flights. Getting off about 9am. Pretty much sleeping, and working. Nothing more. Also, I never cared for being in a supervisor role. I like doing my own thing.

Pension plan be damned.

What exactly is "not passing the sniff test"?

Is anything about what im saying cryptic?
You think I just pulled the $175 thing out of my rump, then fabricated a Fedex career? What end game would I have in that?