ABF | ELD/mileage

RonnieJames

TB Lurker
Credits
With contract year coming up I think we should start getting paid what the ELD says our actual mileage is.
Considering that ABF has been ripping us off for years on the paid routes.
These are federal documents so somebody should start telling the truth.

With contract year coming up I think we should start getting paid what the ELD says our actual mileage is.
Considering that ABF has been ripping us off for years on the paid routes.
These are federal documents so somebody should start telling the truth.
Sounds viable to me. As far as I know ABF sends a guy out to drive the routes from terminal to terminal and mileage is paid off of that so I am surprised to hear that there is a conflict on it. I do think that there was a route or two that their chosen routes were not the best way to go but if the driver chose the other way, which was more miles, that it was their choice and they only paid the designated route. But they did not bust the drivers for going off route.

Sounds viable to me. As far as I know ABF sends a guy out to drive the routes from terminal to terminal and mileage is paid off of that so I am surprised to hear that there is a conflict on it. I do think that there was a route or two that their chosen routes were not the best way to go but if the driver chose the other way, which was more miles, that it was their choice and they only paid the designated route. But they did not bust the drivers for going off route.
Some of the Pete roots are definitely off by a mile or four. But it still adds up at the end of the year what's fair is fair

ELD are showing 5 to 10 more miles than what the company is paying on the trip.... The Company is raking us over...

ELD are showing 5 to 10 more miles than what the company is paying on the trip.... The Company is raking us over...
If the company can use electronic evidence against the driver without corroboration, you would think the reverse would apply also. Of course for there to be a grievance that has a chance of being successful, you have to get the cooperation of the Union. Wishful thinking...

If the company can use electronic evidence against the driver without corroboration, you would think the reverse would apply also. Of course for there to be a grievance that has a chance of being successful, you have to get the cooperation of the Union. Wishful thinking...
Another thing you need is documents. Ya got to have them to back up your argument. Voice recordings, e-mail, company postings on letterhead, employees handbook, DOT regulations, or anything that will support your case. Paul Taylor an attorney who has gotten drivers their job back has told me his best cases he won were done with the help of the driver who brought evidence to the table to support his claim of wrong full discharge. You can bet the other side will be prepared. If you act like the Boy Scout Motto 'Be Prepared', ya got a chance.