FedEx Freight | ELD tablet not charging, not starting

tread

TB Lurker
Credits
Wondering if anyone experienced this issue yet and what was the fix?

ELD Peopenet tablet will not start up to login.
Tablet does not charge in cradle when truck is on, off, or ignition on.

We have Peoplenet at Walmart. I had a blown fuse the last time I had problems.

cracker said:
We have Peoplenet at Walmart. I had a blown fuse the last time I had problems.
I put the problem tablet into another truck's cradle, but still not charging.
Doesn't seem battery can be removed/swapped.
Maybe tablet is dead, can't tell for sure.

None of our center's folks know troubleshooting, so no progress for 2 weeks. :idunno:

If a AOBRD is completely dead it usually takes a good 10 mins (seems like 30 mins) of charging before it will turn on. Also, there’s a reset button on the back of the tablet...remove from cradle, push the reset button, put back into cradle, and after a few mins it should turn on...if not repeat the process, this works for me.

FYI, there should be 8 paper logs in the permit book of every tractor, just sayin’...

Just get in and drive. It will come on soon. Get another truck is a lazy dispatcher way of solving the problem.

User your phone charger and see if the tablet charges.. We at OD have had this problem with a lot of the cradles and tablets becoming loose after a while.. We put new cradles in 3 of our tractors and haven't had an issue since.. Very frustrating issue, but people net finally caved and paid for the fix.

m5eJQG1.jpg

Smoke’s cell phone charger....:17142:

Reactions: Ump
User your phone charger and see if the tablet charges.. We at OD have had this problem with a lot of the cradles and tablets becoming loose after a while.. We put new cradles in 3 of our tractors and haven't had an issue since.. Very frustrating issue, but people net finally caved and paid for the fix.
Good idea with phone charger.

Sucessfully charged a working tablet, but not the dead one. Maybe battery is no good.

Thanks for this tip as will help in future. Our loaner trucks frequently have non booting ELDs.

Reactions: Ump
Good idea with phone charger.

Sucessfully charged a working tablet, but not the dead one. Maybe battery is no good.

Thanks for this tip as will help in future. Our loaner trucks frequently have non booting ELDs.
Glad it helped... Only took us two tablets and 7 weeks of deadline to figure this out. Lol.