1. Try The Zello app for your phone and join the Truckingboards channel to talk live in real time .... It's Free get it for Apple or Android.. It's like a phone CB Radio... You can lurk or talk , your choiuce just don't mess with your phone while driving. Zello features: • Real-time streaming, high quality voice • Contacts availability and text status • Public and private channels for up to 2500 users • Option to map hardware PTT (Push To Talk) button • Bluetooth headset support (selected phones) * Android Wear support • Voice history • Call alert • Images • Push notifications • Works over WiFi, 2G, 3G, or 4G mobile data

Electric Pallet Jacks

Discussion in 'Southeastern Freight Lines' started by LTLIndentured, Aug 29, 2017.

1. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

Beverage industry provides electric Jacks to guys that have to push/pull one ton or more pallets; why doesn't ltl?

2. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

It would be nice

3. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

$

4. LarWoo

LarWoo Member

Because they don't have to

Skinnytrucker likes this.
  5. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Our guys on the dock are still using manual pallet jacks to move freight. We only have a limited number of forklifts. We don't have enough hand trucks and pallet jacks to go around for drivers either.

6. LTLIndentured

I'm surprised no one has called the corp office about that. In my area no pallet jack = returns

icuicp likes this.
  7. weiner

weiner Member

i think LTL drivers are tougher than beverage drivers. Don't need electric pallet jack.

8. LTLIndentured

you might not, but I do. Has nothing to do with toughness and everything to do with intelligence. Why risk an injury jerking 2-3k lbs pallets that are falling apart when you can use an electric jack? You must not be familiar with sefl business practices. You get injured and the company gives 6 mos and 1 day to return

9. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Especially the residential deliveries we're doing so many of now thanks to e-commerce. Some of these are absurd how they expect us to unload a 2,000 lb skid on a lift gate and a residential street with a slight incline.