Yellow | Elogs

The company can't hire drivers.
The company can't get all the freight moved.
They have cut pay and benefits.
Maybe it is time to let drivers that want to use 34 hour restart to do so, let this be our option so the younger guys can put some money in the bank for retirement.
I am sure this will ruffle some feathers but remember this is our union and job not theirs.
It is stupid that a P/D driver that has 60 hrs off on weekend would have to recap hours from last week to be legal in company and union eyes.
Its one thing to be held in bondage, against your will, but to volunteer, well sir I'm at a lost for words.

Failure to cover bid should result in disciplinary action? I spent 18 years ABF Indy city board. That went on every week. In 18 years I never heard of any disciplinary against anyone for this infraction. And most of the time it was the same workers with knee pads doing this. von.
Preston Indy and Yellow Indy fired guys who didn't cover their bid when I was there.

I don't understand why we must use elogs and I'll preface this by saying that we are not an irregular route carrier.i.e.Warner and CRST and others are.We have regular routes that have been aligned with the hours of service and we travel mostly from Terminal to Terminal on a controlled access interstates.We don't go to shippers and consignees to pick up freight or deliver.
Why do we need e logs here is why to cut out all the bs and technically illegal driving drivers do not pointing fingers but this crap of logging here to here when you are really here is going to come to a stop which in return these stupid line haul mangers that want you to run 7 thousand miles a week on a team truck that's also going come to a big hault these guys going over there 70 guess what not gona happen these elogs are going to show this company a thing or 2 either turn the trucks up or guys gona be doing less than what they doing now exp the team trucks

Preston Indy and Yellow Indy fired guys who didn't cover their bid when I was there.
Yea Jimmy you are right. But back then they had more drivers than seats. Now it is reversed. Can't find any qualified steering wheel holders like you could 20 years ago. Times are a changing. von.