TForce | Employee parking lot

I can speak on this!
Backing into a space was intended for Employees who drive company vehicles, IE: Sales Reps.
It has actually been inplace for about a year now, just now being enforced.
I would say though, inregard to private vehicles, that should be our own decision.
If management has a problem, then I recommend filing grievance under art.29 maintenance of standards. But that's me!
Good luck.

we heard about this but it hasn't been enforced YET. The reasoning is that a package employee was run over and killed when a fellow employee backed over him while leaving work. The lawyers probably figured that it beats a lawsuit.

i do not back in, the number one rule in the ups six steps to backing is (back only when necessary) it is not necessary to back in when i get to work.alot of times when i get back at nite i can drive out without backing. if backing in is such a good ideal we need to tell walmart, i am sure they would like to have a safer parking lot.

You have to back one way or the other .Do you not?:TR10driving03:

we heard about this but it hasn't been enforced YET. The reasoning is that a package employee was run over and killed when a fellow employee backed over him while leaving work. The lawyers probably figured that it beats a lawsuit.

That is were most of these rules come from. A death or serious injury.

really it all depends on what your parking lot is set up like

if you can pull straight through a spot so that yoou dont have to back out of it of course that would make sense

but our parking lot is just 1 long row of parking on each side of the long entrance driveway to our terminal.....if you pull straight in, when you go to back out you cant see cuz of the cars next to you, and there is heavy traffic/truck traffic, so yes it makes sense to back in here atleast