ABF | Employment

LOL. Well first off im not a Q###r. And 2 cant a person be happy for a new union job.

Damn guys and grow the f##k up.

Sheez....

Friend, I think it's you who needs to get over yourself and grow up a little if you intend to work in ltl and if you expect to continue posting here on TB. A bit of good natured ribbing goes with the territory and you'd better learn to deal with that. Just saying.

You maybe right..
At Nationsway Transport we had a casual outbound dockworker. He had a full time day job so the union scale wages were a nice benefit for him/family along with our medical insurance. Now freight dockhands can be a***holes & rowdy but overall they're good guys & I could tell the ribbing was getting to him. As the Steward I went & told him not to take it in a personal way & start handing it back or he wouldn't last very long. He wouldn't do it and only lasted 2 months till he quit. That man needed those benefits, he had tears in his eyes when he left. Bit of advice dude from an old fart. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
At Nationsway Transport we had a casual outbound dockworker. He had a full time day job so the union scale wages were a nice benefit for him/family along with our medical insurance. Now freight dockhands can be a***holes & rowdy but overall they're good guys & I could tell the ribbing was getting to him. As the Steward I went & told him not to take it in a personal way & start handing it back or he wouldn't last very long. He wouldn't do it and only lasted 2 months till he quit. That man needed those benefits, he had tears in his eyes when he left. Bit of advice dude from an old fart. Good luck to you.
Same thing with customers. If they turn it up with you, you had better give it back, within reason. Most of the time they settle down when they realize you are not a pushover.

Am i a old fart. I'm in our industry i have up to 32 years experience. And only 52

Old fart hmm.. sht. I'm a veteran young in this industry

Update. Union Brothers.

Past my roadtest with flying colors. Hired on. Will start my official first day next Tuesday.

First paid work punch. Orientation plus whatever. Will get 7-8 hours paid. More if i want to stick around.

I'm Happy..
Glad you are happy. Can we expect in about 3 months a post asking if T Force is hiring in Columbus, OH, and how long it takes to get on there? How many hours you will work? How fast the trucks go? If they are paying a bonus for referrals?