ODFL | Engines

Something I like to know, Cats are better than detroits or Mercedes. I think OD doesn't know how to set them up to run right, thats why you are getting all the problems with them... If they are going to replace to the Cats, with a choice to Detroit or Mercedes, they better choose Detroit. Mercedes isn't that good of a motor-plus just the name means expensive repair bill. I would choose the cummins isx over the two choices.:tapedshut:

politics

Something I like to know, Cats are better than detroits or Mercedes. I think OD doesn't know how to set them up to run right, thats why you are getting all the problems with them... If they are going to replace to the Cats, with a choice to Detroit or Mercedes, they better choose Detroit. Mercedes isn't that good of a motor-plus just the name means expensive repair bill. I would choose the cummins isx over the two choices.:tapedshut:

That Mercedes motor may have a little politics in it.A local driver can explain it better than I can.Maybe one will post.

mercedes like freightliner are owned by daimler chrysler so in mass they are probably getting a better deal but i agree with gearbox. i think od mechanics arent setting them right.ive never driven cats as lousy as these.

Sometimes I think the mechanics just do not want us to be able to pull hills or hold up in the wind. Lousy fuel mileage and uses too much oil.

the one i had on monday was i shop over weekend for check eng lite, did pti left yard 10 miles up road comes on again, all day long called shop was told had to go to cat to have something replaced but local cat shop already had 3 of our tractor waiting on same parts