ABF | EOBR

vongrimmenstein

I stand for our flag, & kneel for the fallen
Credits
How do you certify that your hours are correct on a electronic log? If you spent 30 minutes doing a pre & post trip inspection, did the EOBR show you on duty not driving, like the DOT regs say you should be on duty not driving? If not how do you change the log so you can show that your hours are correct? If you can't change or make a correction of your hours on the EOBR will dispatch do it for you? If management is watching how long it takes you to leave the yard, it is very important that you are able to log that time properly. If not you should complain in writing every time the log is off & time stamp it & give it to management. Document your hours properly especially your on duty not driving hours. That way your logging time is right for your pre & post trip inspections. And if they are watching or counting minutes in your yard time before departure, you have covered you ass on both issues of logging & to much time in the yard before leaving. Be safe. von.

When you log in with your badge you are on duty not driving. When you go to the truck and log in and show an inspection it is just flagging that you did one. It's not putting a specific time that your inspecting your set. Your making this harder than what it is. The same thing when you get to your destination. When you log out you flag a post trip. It puts you on duty not driving until you clock out with your badge.

When you log in with your badge you are on duty not driving. When you go to the truck and log in and show an inspection it is just flagging that you did one. It's not putting a specific time that your inspecting your set. Your making this harder than what it is. The same thing when you get to your destination. When you log out you flag a post trip. It puts you on duty not driving until you clock out with your badge.

Exactly this.... When you clock in on the electronic time clock, you are logged as on duty, not driving. When you go out to the tractor and log in, no matter when that is, you are associating yourself with that tractor and you must log the pretrip before you move the truck. You are basically saying, yes I pretripped the truck. The recorder doesn't care how long it took you, only that you did it. It is going to be tough to show accurate times for anything unless your trailer is ready when you punch in every morning and you can hook up and go. Otherwise, if you are helping on the dock, watching a safety film or doing some other work, the browser should be able to break your times down accordingly.

Exactly this.... When you clock in on the electronic time clock, you are logged as on duty, not driving. When you go out to the tractor and log in, no matter when that is, you are associating yourself with that tractor and you must log the pretrip before you move the truck. You are basically saying, yes I pretripped the truck. The recorder doesn't care how long it took you, only that you did it. It is going to be tough to show accurate times for anything unless your trailer is ready when you punch in every morning and you can hook up and go. Otherwise, if you are helping on the dock, watching a safety film or doing some other work, the browser should be able to break your times down accordingly.
Why do you need to break your time down? On duty is on duty weather your waiting on paperwork or inspecting a truck. All the pretrip inspection does when you log into the truck is flag an inspection. If I waited an hour for a load, even with a paper log, I wrote the city, state and pretrip inspection. I never separated it out.

At our Company, E logs are connected to the time clock. If you punch in on the time clock, it puts you on duty. Pre trip has to be put in before you start to drive. After a couple of miles, our system will automatically kick your status to driving. When you stop after a few minutes it will you to on duty. Biggest thing to remember is pre trip and post trip and mandatory 30 minute break. Very easy to use . I would hate to go back to using a paper log book again. You are on the 14 hour clock and there is no deviation from that. I hope this helps you to get a idea about E logs.

At our Company, E logs are connected to the time clock. If you punch in on the time clock, it puts you on duty. Pre trip has to be put in before you start to drive. After a couple of miles, our system will automatically kick your status to driving. When you stop after a few minutes it will you to on duty. Biggest thing to remember is pre trip and post trip and mandatory 30 minute break. Very easy to use . I would hate to go back to using a paper log book again. You are on the 14 hour clock and there is no deviation from that. I hope this helps you to get a idea about E logs.
That's exactly how ours work. I like them. Saves time and keeps you legal.

Glad someone finally gave a good,simple explanation of how these work, and not try to find as many faults with it as some other posters who are making a mountain out of a molehill. Nice job
T-N-F......

Thanks it does. I guess in the early stages of the EOBR you had to manually change your type of hours because it would log you off duty while sitting intraffic @ say an accident waiting for it to clear. From these posts the EOBR seems to have developed software that has taken of this problem. von.

Why do you need to break your time down? On duty is on duty weather your waiting on paperwork or inspecting a truck. All the pretrip inspection does when you log into the truck is flag an inspection. If I waited an hour for a load, even with a paper log, I wrote the city, state and pretrip inspection. I never separated it out.

Our terminal manager has gotten on our asses before about swiping the appropriate job duty on the time clock and on the browser. Supposedly it is one of the many things that are watched. Whatever... I try to swipe and go from dock to driver or sweep dock or whatever... I don't always remember and quite honestly, I don't really care... It isn't like I am screwing around...

Our terminal manager has gotten on our asses before about swiping the appropriate job duty on the time clock and on the browser. Supposedly it is one of the many things that are watched. Whatever... I try to swipe and go from dock to driver or sweep dock or whatever... I don't always remember and quite honestly, I don't really care... It isn't like I am screwing around...
Our manager is pretty laid back. He never really pays to much attention to the dock/yard/administration part. On the road side all you do is clock in and that's it.

Our manager is pretty laid back. He never really pays to much attention to the dock/yard/administration part. On the road side all you do is clock in and that's it.
I punch in and I punch out. I am not going to break down my entire shift for payroll. that's their problem

I agree. Most all our city guys do the same thing. We have a smaller terminal so the yard stuff doesn't take that long anyway.
Same here, but I don't worry to much about it either. When they see my employee number attached to pro numbers being loaded and unloaded, it should be clearly obvious I am on the dock. Overall, I like the electronic logs, been using them long before I came to ABF for work. Simple, clear cut and easy to use... Only time it gets hairy is when the company you work for starts to taylor them for their specific processes. That's when a good thing can become a pain in the ass...