FedEx Freight | Equipment change/ Old tractors

The trucks that came from Texas to Portland each needed over 15.000 dollars of work. The others that came from the east are hanger queens because nobody makes parts for them anymore. Other trucks I've seen need a bunch of work in our shops. And now the real smart move in Portland they took all but 3 of our triple power trucks out of Portland and we had 7 set of triples going out that night so they reworked all 21 trailers again into 5 sets of doubles. Stupid is as stupid does thanks harrison ak. This a good case of lets set over a hindered dollar bill to save a dime and the pat ourselves on the back for saving a dime. When will the boss wake up from his nap ans sey what the heck this does not work.

like i said in a different post I think we r being ran by donald duck and mickey mouse. so many smart people in the world but not a one at corporate. wow r we screwed.:poster_stupid:

It is a shame how they have changed in the last two years with the quality of our equipment. When DOT starts checking some of this equipment we are running up and down the roads, you might as well throw that pre pass out the window, because there isn't going to be many green lights pop up when were rolling up to a scale. It kind of reminds me of back in the late 70's and early 80's when you would use tape or baling wire for a quick fix to get it on down the road. I can see Fedex's safety record changing drastically with all this new CSA crap coming down the pipe??? Before you know it, there going to be telling us, go around that scale.

The trucks that came from Texas to Portland each needed over 15.000 dollars of work. The others that came from the east are hanger queens because nobody makes parts for them anymore. Other trucks I've seen need a bunch of work in our shops. And now the real smart move in Portland they took all but 3 of our triple power trucks out of Portland and we had 7 set of triples going out that night so they reworked all 21 trailers again into 5 sets of doubles. Stupid is as stupid does thanks harrison ak. This a good case of lets set over a hindered dollar bill to save a dime and the pat ourselves on the back for saving a dime. When will the boss wake up from his nap ans sey what the heck this does not work.

Yea I would say Stupid...Why were they sending freight on 21 trailers when they could have made it fit on 10 to begin with...Talk about stepping over $100 bills...Geees

vorgon said:
I'll still bid my ole red racer in the city every time... she has never let me down!

I drove a old red freightshaker last week and the write up list would have been shorter and easier to list the things that worked. Ol Betsy was a CSA nightmare.

Hey Fred, since you're buying your pilots new planes, do you think you could sway your board of directors to buy some new tractors? And we're not even unionized like the pilots ;-) Not to mention, we're a hell of a lot cheaper than the pilots.

in SBG(schaumburg)il we have nothing but junk for tractors,i can't beleive these trucks are road safe,they all have major problems but of course sbg does not have a shop we have a machanic that works on these trucks outside how safe can that be and how well are these trucks repaired.bill h. safety manager for region was there and told us we just have to deal with it,we have to duct tape these tractors and keep them rollin.some safety manager,most of them have over a million miles on them.

Last edited by a moderator: