ODFL | equipment

Should just buy used Penske junk since all our drivers do is smoke and trash the new trucks.

Do they really? That's not good, these companies I think try to buy good equipment brand new for us to drive and it's a real shame that the guys just trash the new stuff. I mean what's to stop who ever it is that buys the new equipment from saying ehh screw it lets go down and buy some rental stuff like mentioned above and let these guys drive around in a bunch of filth.

Do they really? That's not good, these companies I think try to buy good equipment brand new for us to drive and it's a real shame that the guys just trash the new stuff. I mean what's to stop who ever it is that buys the new equipment from saying ehh screw it lets go down and buy some rental stuff like mentioned above and let these guys drive around in a bunch of filth.
Yes it is.Such ashame that the first thing drivers take out of trucks are the velcro straps for the CB.What the???Wonder how much a freak'n strap cost..

They'll buy a new truck and drivers will practically put their cigarette out on the tobacco free sticker

You know Old D has a pretty clean fleet I work for Gordon Food Service and the drop yard I work out of is across the street kind of from the Old Dominon Terminal and you guys have some really late model equipment and everything and your trucks are nice and clean and everything looks like it's brand new. It's sad that people are trashing new trucks and stuff.

You know Old D has a pretty clean fleet I work for Gordon Food Service and the drop yard I work out of is across the street kind of from the Old Dominon Terminal and you guys have some really late model equipment and everything and your trucks are nice and clean and everything looks like it's brand new. It's sad that people are trashing new trucks and stuff.
We're no different then any other place. Some guys take care of stuff, some don't. This is not a line driver vs. City like some would have you believe. It's a people thing. You go to any yard and you'll find tractors that are taken care of and clean and you'll find some that you need a tetanus shot after a days work. Most of us fall in the middle. Trying to maintain a clean tractor in the winter is hard with all the dirt meet points and city guys getting in and out having to step in snow. But my assigned tractor gets a good cleaning at the end of the week and swept after run. All that's asked of anyone taking it is to leave it like you found it. And for the most part they do.

No one said it was line versus city. Most OD drivers are pigs. 80%. Half don't even wear the uniform as required and give the shirts to their family members to wear instead.

Get so fumed each time a city or line driver uses my truck. Trash, grease, cigg smoke or exterior scratches. Call them out and it was a ghost who did it.

Get so fumed each time a city or line driver uses my truck. Trash, grease, cigg smoke or exterior scratches. Call them out and it was a ghost who did it.

World's out to getcha Billy... It's you against everybody!!!

I work out of a large break terminal and I gotta say that a majority of our guys take care of our equipment well... Don't always put DEF in like they should, but I don't think I've ever seen a truck that's flat undrivable.

World's out to getcha Billy... It's you against everybody!!!

I work out of a large break terminal and I gotta say that a majority of our guys take care of our equipment well... Don't always put DEF in like they should, but I don't think I've ever seen a truck that's flat undrivable.

We have a few guys, one went to team but no one would dare drive his truck when he wasn't working in the city. He had McD's on the floor, dried spit all over the plastic gauge cover and window. Filthy dirty ride that reeked of B.O. & sweat. Our facility must be a high stress location because everyone chain smokes inside the equipment so you're limited on truck options when your truck is in the shop for the day.

No one said it was line versus city. Most OD drivers are pigs. 80%. Half don't even wear the uniform as required and give the shirts to their family members to wear instead.
the truck I drive has 412,000... you can eat off the floor. took 4 hours to clean truck and multiple trips to shop to fix regen and sensors.. this trend has caused about 7, yes 7 guys cleaning up their own units and getting them fixed also.. I do agree with you that a lot of our fellow employees, do not look out for the next guy or care about their image or the equipment.. you are not alone billy.. fight the good fight brother...:encouragement: