ODFL | equipment

For those who would like to read for themselves, 393 covers cargo securement. The rule I've quoted is 393.106. Pallet Jack stops have been approved by the FMCSA as an adequate form of securing a pallet jack in a confined trailer, meaning not on a flatbed. Again, if you don't know look it up and read it for yourself. Then you can make a judgement for yourself as what to do.

For those who would like to read for themselves, 393 covers cargo securement. The rule I've quoted is 393.106. Pallet Jack stops have been approved by the FMCSA as an adequate form of securing a pallet jack in a confined trailer, meaning not on a flatbed. Again, if you don't know look it up and read it for yourself. Then you can make a judgement for yourself as what to do.
Since you are educating.Check out Hazmat.Placard Vehicles.I always thought it didn't matter how much Hazmat you was hauling you must run Hazmat Route .Including Tunnels.Well,I got educated on this one to.Now the book says one thing.But,I would hate to be the one to get tangled up in something with a load in a tunnel. I bet your rear would be grass.lol

Last edited:
Since you are educating.Check out Hazmat.Placard Vehicles.I always thought it didn't matter how much Hazmat you was hauling you must run Hazmat Route .Including Tunnels.Well,I got educated on this one to.
We have this discussion a lot. The reason for placards is to inform the public what's on your trailer and how to handle it in case of an emergency. So you'd think as long as your not placard your not a danger right. The problem here is that municipalities can set their own standards when it comes to moving hazmat thru their communities. The best thing to do is check with the DOT in that area and find out what your allowed to do.

We have this discussion a lot. The reason for placards is to inform the public what's on your trailer and how to handle it in case of an emergency. So you'd think as long as your not placard your not a danger right. The problem here is that municipalities can set their own standards when it comes to moving hazmat thru their communities. The best thing to do is check with the DOT in that area and find out what your allowed to do.
This was brought on P&D test last year.About crossing R/R Track with under 1001 pounds in a non-placard vehicle.I was always told it didn't matter the amount placard or not.You must stop.Well,according to FMCSA you don't have to stop.Same has going thru tunnel's and around Hazmat routes around city's,etc.

This was brought on P&D test last year.About crossing R/R Track with under 1001 pounds in a non-placard vehicle.I was always told it didn't matter the amount placard or not.You must stop.Well,according to FMCSA you don't have to stop.Same has going thru tunnel's and around Hazmat routes around city's,etc.
If you have placards you must comply with all hazmat regulations. If your not placard you can run like you don't have hazmat, for the most part. Like I said prior, locals can make their own rules regarding the transportation of hazmat thru their jurisdiction.

If you have placards you must comply with all hazmat regulations. If your not placard you can run like you don't have hazmat, for the most part. Like I said prior, locals can make their own rules regarding the transportation of hazmat thru their jurisdiction.
Like I told Corp Safety on this one.Well,I have a wreck or something happen off Hazmat route and had any type of Hazmat my rear would be grass for sure.Doesn't matter how much I pull around I will follow like I'm placard for sure.

Like I told Corp Safety on this one.Well,I have a wreck or something happen off Hazmat route and had any type of Hazmat my rear would be grass for sure.Doesn't matter how much I pull around I will follow like I'm placard for sure.
Can't get in trouble for that!

A good example is the tunnel in Cincinnati. It is not long enough to qualify as a tunnel but they will dang sure ticket your butt for going through there with hazmat!

Can't you go back out on a team? Better than sitting.

I could, I'd really like to go back on the team truck with my old partner, but he's running with a guy he's known for 25 years and has teamed with before... I don't really know anyone else well enough to cohabitate with in a team truck, so I'm hesitant to jump in a truck with anyone else. We're just playing the wait it out game right now.

I could, I'd really like to go back on the team truck with my old partner, but he's running with a guy he's known for 25 years and has teamed with before... I don't really know anyone else well enough to cohabitate with in a team truck, so I'm hesitant to jump in a truck with anyone else. We're just playing the wait it out game right now.

You and me click good, come out here. Got two line tractors needing teams half the time. The way I ran, we'd be filthy rich.