Holland | equipment

cracker said:
any news on any new tractors, somethings gotta give, hope they have a bunch on order
We have five trucks in the CAT house, (Caterpillar).Blown turbo, thrown rod, the list goes on. Seem like they are all falling apart. Heard a road man say that they have to put a million three on them before the trucks are retired, don’t know if that is true though. :pirate2:

I drove a new Volvo today. It was a nice truck, but I have one complaint. The windows do not go all the way down. It has been a long time since I drove a Volvo, over the road for a flat bed division. I don’t know it just seems like it really cheapens the truck, it’s nice to put your arm out the window and enjoy the breeze, without having the sharp edge of the glass. I know quit your complaining (you are driving a new truck) just roll up the window and turn on the air. In my opinion the International’s are a nicer truck, they can make it all orange I won’t mind!!!

So is that over the next year? Or for the rest of this year? I hope they order more cause stuff is starting to look a little rough. Our trailers are still in fair shape, but the trucks need a little attention. Our customers do look at the equipment that hauls their freight, and they want it to get to where it’s going, and on time.

Stimpy are you kinding, if that was the case, carriers like Central Transport and Roadway,with some of their old tractors would never haul a piece of freight. Averitt and Fed Ex, with their spottless equipment would have it all. Discounts and service controlls it all. I don't know about the NE, but down here our biz as increased due to the service levels are at 99.7. Finally in ME we have a full staff of sales reps.Things looking up aroud here. Good luck to you all this winter. GRIZZ

. I don't know about the NE, but down here our biz as increased due to the service levels are at 99.7.
Hey Grizz:weight_lift: Do you know how they come up with that 99.7% It's a joke:27: Too bad Dopie isn't around any more I am sure he could explain it to us:27:....CRAZY

Well Grizz I think you miss understood me. Back when I work for CF, I was always in awe of Holland’s equipment. It was always clean, never seen any scratches, there was always a truck sitting around the corner to cover a pickup. And now it seems to me in my opinion we are starting to act like CF well more like yellow, (numbers). I clean the windows, sweep the floors and some times the outside of the truck. I do care what the equipment looks like, and I think our customers do too. My personal vehicles do not look like dumpsters inside, and the trucks I drive will not look like a dumpster. It only takes a couple minutes to clean up your mess that may occur during the day. As far as the trucks go they were better maintained in my opinion, like I said in post number two:

We have five trucks in the CAT house, (Caterpillar). Blown turbo, thrown rod, the list goes on. Seem like they are all falling apart. Heard a road man say that they have to put a million three on them before the trucks are retired, don’t know if that is true though.

Just run them in the ground. Like I have said many times in this post: It’s just my opinion, not meant to upset anyone. Just an opinion