FedEx Freight | Estes & Yrcw Why

I don't understand why a competitor would enter in a lease back. Why give them the capital to stay afloat? Do I not see the big picture.:duh:

Perhaps you should read more about how these corporations shuffle money back and forth while using those capital expenditures as tax write offs.
One sentence in the SEC filing states what most people fail to see, and that is "The Selling Subsidiaries have previously entered into leases with Estes, as both landlord and tenant", in short, YRC leases facilities to Estes.
It's a corporate money game where both profit in some way.

wonderring99 :smilie_132:

Maybe it is the other way around.
If Estes is so anti U like you claim, then it would make sense for Estes to help YRCW stay afloat a few more years. Because if and when YRCW shuts down the retirees will starve to death unless the U can take over Estes, ODFL, FXF etc. etc. to keep the pensions going.

:popcorn:

Rob E does not care about anything else but his wallet. I worked at Big E for a while and I know how they operate. It is a privately owned company and he can do what he wants to do when he feels like it. With one stroke of the pen he put GI Trucking out of business which was an excellent west coast regional u carrier. They wont hire anyone with alot of u experience out of fear of the U. So ... I am not claiming anything really River ,... just stating facts of Big E past history. This whole deal smells like crap to me. The E is estes stands for evil .. I dont buy into this "good will gesture"

Rob E does not care about anything else but his wallet. I worked at Big E for a while and I know how they operate. It is a privately owned company and he can do what he wants to do when he feels like it. With one stroke of the pen he put GI Trucking out of business which was an excellent west coast regional u carrier. They wont hire anyone with alot of u experience out of fear of the U. So ... I am not claiming anything really River ,... just stating facts of Big E past history. This whole deal smells like crap to me. The E is estes stands for evil .. I dont buy into this "good will gesture"

wonderring99 :smilie_132:

I was not aware that GI was teamsters. I had heard of them talking about it, but I thought GI in California was nonU.

:smilie_132:

I got a defined benifit pension for time before 1986 and then they changed it to a IRA for everyone. I will email you proof if you like.

I got a defined benifit pension for time before 1986 and then they changed it to a IRA for everyone. I will email you proof if you like.

mattjm :smilie_132:

Now that you explained it a little better it makes more sense.
At least you have control of the investments.
Good Luck.

:popcorn:

Perhaps you should read more about how these corporations shuffle money back and forth while using those capital expenditures as tax write offs.
One sentence in the SEC filing states what most people fail to see, and that is "The Selling Subsidiaries have previously entered into leases with Estes, as both landlord and tenant", in short, YRC leases facilities to Estes.
It's a corporate money game where both profit in some way.

Yep a money game.Some co's have a rental co.then the trucking,construction etc.rents from the rental for taxes etc.
All most like money laundring

I've seen ice truckers but it's going to be tough driving from the U.S.to China

:biglaugh:

Oh C'mon Hiballin, it won't be that bad. It might be a little longer than a 10 hr break in your bunk while crossing the water on the boat. Don't they have truck stops on those boats yet?:biglaugh:

Oh C'mon Hiballin, it won't be that bad. It might be a little longer than a 10 hr break in your bunk while crossing the water on the boat. Don't they have truck stops on those boats yet?:biglaugh:

Instead of working the dock,,, I'd be swabbing the deck........... :bowdown:

Never been on a boat that big.But I was talking about the long wet drive to China.:biglaugh: