Holland | Exclusive: YRC's Pierson talks new compensation plan, turnaround

Only a complete idiot would vote for something like that and I mean a real gullible ignorant fool!

You still sound a little bitter even though you left to ups.You should be happy for yourself instead of trying to make holland drivers feel miserable.

I started to go to ups like you but,starting at $17.25 year one, 18.25 year two and 19.55 year three is too much for me to bear.In addition to the low wages for three years I wouldn't be guaranteed 40 hours while being on the bottom 10%.
You are a young man and the pension will be well worth the loss of 60 to 80 thousand of pay for your first three years.
As bad as things are here, the work environment at Holland is much better than ups.A ups driver told me last week that he would crap his pants before using the bathroom at his facility.Another driver told me you get fired if your tractor is moving and your seatbelt is not buckeled...even while backing or in yard.You will eventually have the best pay in the industry,but it's not all peaches and cream there either.

You still sound a little bitter even though you left to ups.You should be happy for yourself instead of trying to make holland drivers feel miserable.

I started to go to ups like you but,starting at $17.25 year one, 18.25 year two and 19.55 year three is too much for me to bear.In addition to the low wages for three years I wouldn't be guaranteed 40 hours while being on the bottom 10%.
You are a young man and the pension will be well worth the loss of 60 to 80 thousand of pay for your first three years.
As bad as things are here, the work environment at Holland is much better than ups.A ups driver told me last week that he would crap his pants before using the bathroom at his facility.Another driver told me you get fired if your tractor is moving and your seatbelt is not buckeled...even while backing or in yard.You will eventually have the best pay in the industry,but it's not all peaches and cream there either.
True. But I just can't see how guys can give away all that is good with a job thinking oh well at least I've got a job and then wonder why moral is so low. I'm hoping you all get your money and pension back.

I think that the top brass at YRCW and the Regionals cause some of their own morale issues out of greed. A few months back I ran into a Holland driver and asked how things were going over there, and the first thing out of his mouth was how one of those greedy pricks had gotten a huge pay increase, and the employees still hadn't gotten any of their concession pay back. These fools at the top just slice open another wound with every pay or stock increase that they steal from the company. And it's their bad decisions that are keeping the employees from ever getting their concessions back.
These greedy bastards should be ashamed of themselves.

True. But I just can't see how guys can give away all that is good with a job thinking oh well at least I've got a job and then wonder why moral is so low. I'm hoping you all get your money and pension back.

Thanks, I don't think we will ever be made whole brother.Times have changed and the the nons continue to gobble up market share.The over 100 million per year in interest,with an antiquated fleet and dinosaur technology it's still an up hill struggle.
Another thing Dolittle,when people do their math they never seem to equate the 15 grand per year per employee for insurance,with a 400 dollar family deductible.that sets us apart from the rest.Even at ups some people are paying 6,000 to 8,000 out of pocket per year for their families.Our hourly wage is the kicker and we will demand that changes if we're still here and haven't moved on.
I'm on my way to worship and Easter egg hunt so I will quit babbling.I hope you and everyone on these boards have a blessed Easter Sunday.

I think that the top brass at YRCW and the Regionals cause some of their own morale issues out of greed. A few months back I ran into a Holland driver and asked how things were going over there, and the first thing out of his mouth was how one of those greedy pricks had gotten a huge pay increase, and the employees still hadn't gotten any of their concession pay back. These fools at the top just slice open another wound with every pay or stock increase that they steal from the company. And it's their bad decisions that are keeping the employees from ever getting their concessions back.
These greedy bastards should be ashamed of themselves.

Flash,I know you are a capitalist and you know how the ball bounces up top.From a morale standpoint you are correct,when they get more it's like rubbing salt in the wound.On the other hand,if you want to retain the best and the brightest,you have to pay them or someone else will.Kinda like the sports we love(how bout that Wisconsin game omg).At this point it would be nice for them to step up and give their 10 million in stock to the rank and file,just for leadership and example.Even though that 10 million in shares wouldn't amount to much divided amongst us,it would go an enormous way towards our morale.Happy Easter Flash !!!

Right back at you. Happy Easter to Y'all.

On the other hand,if you want to retain the best and the brightest,you have to pay them or someone else will.
I look at it this way. The top brass are the ones who have made all of these mistakes that have put YRCW in the shape that they're in.........so if you paid them less and they left the company........is that such a bad thing, since they are a failure? Let 'em leave......who cares? And who would want them? These are people who are so detached from the ground floor of the operation that they can't even relate to a blue collar employee. With most of the top brass, the only dirt they've had under their fingernails over the last 25 years is the dirt that they scraped off the head of their golf club.

A "turn around" strategy should be really easy to figure out.

1) Make your sales staff put in a full day of work.
2) Live up to service commitments to keep your customers happy.
3) Pay your employees top pay rate in the industry to improve morale and production.
4) Keep equipment in good condition to keep employees happy.
5) Stop looking for reasons to discipline employees, instead look at ways to help those that need it to get better at what they do.
6) Work on building a "team" atmosphere and tear down the wall between Mgt. and employees.
7) Understand that "a happy employee is a good working employee".

It doesn't take a genius to go back to the basic principles of business, but some of these clowns are detached from reality.
1) absolutely
2)we already do. we get it there on time-no matter how long it takes.
3)already addressed by Mr. Pierson in a previous interview. THIS IS THE WAGE IT"S NOT A GIVEBACK
4)equipment is in good shape and only getting better
5)we abide by the contract always have always will
6)there is no I in team but there is one in kiss my a## The wall stays up.
7)no, the big stick and bigger stick is the best policy. A demoralized, stressed out employee will work hard to avoid discipline.

That's probably stating it lightly!!!