Expansion??

NELTL

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know when the next phase of the expansion will happen? 2006 brought the first phase of the expansion, what is in stake for phase #2? How many new terminals and in which states? Has anyone heard anything?

late summer/ fall is what i heard last. milwaukee, indy, a real terminal toledo to service nw ohio and se michigan and i belive gary indiana area also. i think our regional manager is supposed to be in town this week, i'll ask for an update.

late summer/ fall is what i heard last. milwaukee, indy, a real terminal toledo to service nw ohio and se michigan and i belive gary indiana area also. i think our regional manager is supposed to be in town this week, i'll ask for an update.

WOW where are you guys peddling Detroit out of last week I saw a couple of your guys pullling pups around that is quite a peddle if out of Cleveland

we don't peddle detroit out of cleveland. those pups you see are for the peddle drivers in toledo that do toledo and se mich. they have a drop lot or rent a few doors or something right now, real terminal supposedly coming later this year.

expansion ?

Maybe we should get a handle on what we are doing now before we expand further......
We are losing ground where we stand let alone opening new areas.

don't think they're going after holland directly. also don't think the wrecks have much to do with it really.

correct, wrecks in of themselves do not really hurt expansion plans, only the insurance premiums. as for "going after" holland, i dont think so, but, they may make a good run for the money and for suredly, cut the freight rates to get holland customers. but then, cutting freight rates is the norm for nemf, isn't it...??

Doogie, It's coming to get a handle on things. Look at the amount of drivers being put on in the past few weeks. While we may have lost a little ground, I think it is slipping, not loosing footing.

Owlpuss, while the wreck your speaking of does suck, there is NOT a trucking company out there that has not had a similar wreck (s). It is an element of drivers and human nature. I am sure NEMF can give Holland a run as they grow. If I were at Holland, I would worry about what Yellow is doing to them.......seems like those new ALL orange tractors could be easily ID's with the YRC logo. As for cutting rates, Holland is not an angel.

Welcome to the freight business and cutting rates. We are all guilty! All of the carriers use the same trucks, fuel, roads & drivers. Rates and service push ahead. It's simple........people, boxes and trucks.