Facility Driver Meetings Today Thru Thursday.

Dirty White Boy

TB Lurker
Credits
A message via Qualcomm last nite posted driver mtgs @ each facility. I wasn't able to attend this AM due to a prior appt. If anybody hears anything about a raise, or whatever, plz post. Thanks.

Couldn't attend but this is what I've heard:

This is ONLY second hand

Local drivers raise of .35 hr
Local stops and miles guys lose their 35.00 pickups and their per diem but get a 1/2 cent a mile increase. Most will be switched back to hourly (J1) If they are stops and miles and they get off 13 stops, they'll get a 25.00 per diem. Stop pay is now 15.35 and road drivers get a half cent a mile increase.

Lot's of whining about cutting costs blah blah blah.

cutting costs

Yes, let's cut costs by screwing our remaining fleet out of a fair raise. After all, we need $250,000 for those 25 bonuses to reward those who have left us and need to be coddled back with a nice bribe.

st. louis local said:
Yes, let's cut costs by screwing our remaining fleet out of a fair raise. After all, we need $250,000 for those 25 bonuses to reward those who have left us and need to be coddled back with a nice bribe.

Well said. You know, I would rather Jevic said, "Look, we can't afford to give raises at this time. We just went through a sale, which saved the Company from being liquidated, and we need to improve our performance, and thus, our bottom line, to ensure our future jobs in this Company." Just be honest, and forthcoming, and keep us informed as to what is going on.

I'm glad to have a job, and not have to go looking @60, and lose benefits, vacation time, bonuses, etc., but this latest move doesn't help the morale one iota.

But, to give drivers 1/2 cpm, which to me is $13.30/wk., is ridiculous. Also, to cut the rug out from under the local drivers, who have
been on stops, miles, and $35 per diem for 4+ years (as much as $175/wk.!) is penny wise and dollar foolish. I've been there: our local drivers have tough, demanding jobs, and they are JEVIC to our customers. Yes, they are home every night (for a few hrs., anyway), but Local @ Jevic is no cakewalk. I know that I wouldn't be too happy, and it would show, if I had to take a $175/wk cut in pay! (As much as $9k per yr.) Work has already been so slow that locals have to work weekends to keep up their income.

Maybe this is the magic formula for bribing the quitters back to Jevic. Will, those 25 "Wonders" be able to take up the slack for the locals who hang it up over this? And, believe me, there will be a substantial exodus of locals with just a few yrs. seniority, and minimal vacation time. Same thing with "Newby" road drivers. They have nothing to lose, and will fly away to better paying jobs. And, the "25"/ They'll quit again, too-once they get their $10g. Maybe after only a partial payment, if they get pissed enough, and realize NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Jevic shoots itself in the foot once again. When will they get their collective heads out of their 1960's mentality 'behinds' and wake up? :butthead:

We, who have stuck by Jevic through 2 buyouts would like to be proud of our Company again. This ain't the way to get us there!:nutkick:
HTML:

One more thing: I have an idea to save a few bucks: Eliminate Driver Relations. They are not there to help the driver, but to provide feedback to the company, and to punish drivers who slip up. They have never been a voice FOR the driver, but the voice OF the Company against the driver. We hoped that would change once Harry's cronies left, but it ain't. Always has been, and always will be.:spam1: :horse: :Fart: :BS:

I give up

I have found over 8 yrs that nothing seems to come from driver suggestions. I for one am at the point where I need to take a good look at the big picture with Jevic. On one hand they say "thnx for the job well done"(i just got my lapel pin in the mail). Then , on the other hand they say we need to cut cost, make the customer more happy,and yada,yada,yada. I'm sure the grass isn't much greener on the other side, ....but truckload sure is looking good again. F... LTL!:boxedin: