R&L | Farewell

To all my fellow R&L coworkers on TB, both active and lurkers, I bid farewell. I am leaving the ranks of this fine organization for greener pastures as of Friday. It's been a good run and I've enjoyed my time here but opportunity knocked and I answered. I will still be driving but not in LTL anymore.

Don't leave TB,we can't afford to lose anyone who will listen to our gripes and complaints.
Best of luck.

To all my fellow R&L coworkers on TB, both active and lurkers, I bid farewell. I am leaving the ranks of this fine organization for greener pastures as of Friday. It's been a good run and I've enjoyed my time here but opportunity knocked and I answered. I will still be driving but not in LTL anymore.
Best of luck to you, Brother Ted! I actually applaud people who can ‘see forward’ and make hard decisions that will benefit them...and their families, even it means giving up some things like multiple weeks of paid vacation. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say: “I’d leave, but I don’t wanna lose (x) weeks of vacation.” To hell with that! Over the years I’ve left jobs where I‘ve had 3, 2, 3 and 4 weeks vacation and never batted an eye.
Anyway, be well at your new endeavor! Stay safe and healthy out there and PLEASE...stay in touch with all of us!

Best of luck to you, Brother Ted! I actually applaud people who can ‘see forward’ and make hard decisions that will benefit them...and their families, even it means giving up some things like multiple weeks of paid vacation. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say: “I’d leave, but I don’t wanna lose (x) weeks of vacation.” To hell with that! Over the years I’ve left jobs where I‘ve had 3, 2, 3 and 4 weeks vacation and never batted an eye.
Anyway, be well at your new endeavor! Stay safe and healthy out there and PLEASE...stay in touch with all of us!
Yeah I had two weeks, almost three. But what I'll save in commute expenses and insurance will be 7,000$ per year. My wife has 16 years minimum and I'm at 15 minimum before I retire. Our youngest is 12 so she will be on wife's an for at least 10 years through college. Wife's plan is either single or family, regardless of number of family. Better bennies too. This is a small operation I'm going to with no health insurance so I can go on wife's at no additional cost. In Ohio at least, you are required to take your employers benefits if offered and have to pay a premium to go on spouses if your employer offers them. So 7000$ to the black and no commute time (1.5 hours a day currently) it makes sense. Schedule is more friendly with the way our home life is. Two to three nights out, start late Sunday or early Monday and done by early afternoon Friday for same pay as a 52 hour week at current rate. Wasn't really actively looking, just kind of fell into my lap.

Yeah I had two weeks, almost three. But what I'll save in commute expenses and insurance will be 7,000$ per year. My wife has 16 years minimum and I'm at 15 minimum before I retire. Our youngest is 12 so she will be on wife's an for at least 10 years through college. Wife's plan is either single or family, regardless of number of family. Better bennies too. This is a small operation I'm going to with no health insurance so I can go on wife's at no additional cost. In Ohio at least, you are required to take your employers benefits if offered and have to pay a premium to go on spouses if your employer offers them. So 7000$ to the black and no commute time (1.5 hours a day currently) it makes sense. Schedule is more friendly with the way our home life is. Two to three nights out, start late Sunday or early Monday and done by early afternoon Friday for same pay as a 52 hour week at current rate. Wasn't really actively looking, just kind of fell into my lap.
Looks like you researched it heavily and all the boxes were checked. From the way it looks, it can’t help but be a positive move for you. Keep us updated!

Just for the record, I intentionally was vague and slightly misleading about my home domicile as R&L does have a social media policy and two drivers I know personally ran afoul of it on Facebook and one other social media platform. Now that I'm out I feel I can reveal that I was out of Norwalk Ohio. So sorry for any misleading statements but I do not trust leadership and snitches I know exist.

Just for the record, I intentionally was vague and slightly misleading about my home domicile as R&L does have a social media policy and two drivers I know personally ran afoul of it on Facebook and one other social media platform. Now that I'm out I feel I can reveal that I was out of Norwalk Ohio. So sorry for any misleading statements but I do not trust leadership and snitches I know exist.
Good call, Ted! I bet today you’re feeling like a big weight has been lifted? How was your last day at R & L?