ODFL | favorite tractor

sal manila

TB Lurker
Credits
i was wondering what was the favorite tractor of drivers.i can say that im not a fan of the columbias.i did like the fld better.any comments?

Got to be kidding if driven right the Columbia keeps up with traffic much better. Might have to drop out of 10th more often but if you time it right I still keep up better off overall speed. Back in the 90s I liked the little internationals till they came out with the big nosed freightlines.
I heard a rumor that the new 07 Columbia's have a bigger power plant anyone know if any truth to that.

The 07 columbias have the same motor as the 06's and the 05's. Its a Cat C-13 set at 335 hp @ 2100 rpm. I have been kind of switching between 2457106, 2457107, and 2457108 as of late.

My favorite tractor of all time was 255612. It would run 75 mph and show 77 to 78 on the speedo. It was always fun running out in NM and AZ having guys make comments on the radio that they had never seen the right side of an OD truck before.

I still miss my old 94 Intl.I liked the turning ratio.I am running a O3 Freightliner,it is close and does run 5 mph faster,but i am still passed by most everybody.

Mine was an ole peterbuilt that came from Goggins that would do 75 and OD never turned it down,truck#711, its gone.Would pass other bigger riggers and they would ask if i was an owner op.

I had one of those peterbuilts for about 6 months. It would only run 71 mph. Still a heck of a lot better than the 63 mph that all the other team trucks would run at that time.

Ozarkmutt said:
2459222 got new and assigned "1st air ride" and put over 250,000 miles on the truck
i guess it was 98 or 99 when we got those air ride fld freightliners and man i thought i was driving a friggin cadillac,sure makes me thankful for them too!

Just after OD bought WSKT I took my '02 sterling into the PAR shop to be turned up from 65mph to 68mph when it came out of the shop to my joyful suprise it had new taller tires.When I got on the highway old tractor#426 ran like a striped arsed ape,It seems they reset the speed before they decided to put the taller rubber on,and didn't adjust it. it was well faster than 75 mph it was a fun 4 months in that tractor till they got me a new F/L ,some OD guys kind of made fun of the tractor as we were running out of DLS they stopped laughing when I blew by them west of Weatherford doing almost 80.

i drive a 03 fld.its got a big screen tv and a leather recliner in it.

Your tractor is a legend in the system.

This is a friendly reminder......post no complete unit numbers.It is a matter of your ID security and company security.These old posts have unit numbers posted in them before my time and I can not delete them.Any post with unit numbers will be deleted or the numbers deleted .......when I see it....CYA.......Now gearraker has all the safety men hunting a big screen TV :hysterical:

old.jpg
This is Corp HQ off 29/70 in T'ville.It sits on about 25 acres.160,000 plus sq feet,500 parking spaces,picture taken from west side.Times have changed.