FedEx Freight | Favoritism at terminals?

YES or no ?

• YES

Votes: 33 89.2%
  • NO !

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
More examples for girth.

1. Driver logs into eld couple minutes late, but still makes gate given tardy. (Some management late daily.)

2. Loads closed late and driver misses gate. Management calls and questions why driver was late.

3. Not following dispatch procedures and making rules up as the go or what THEY interpret policy to be.

4. Needing paperwork for personal issues is like pulling teeth.

5. Drivers by policy are given 1.5 hrs to get to work after called. TM tells drivers they cannot take a run if they can't get to work and make gate because dispatch called late. If they take run and the are late is a tardy.

6. NO COMMUNICATION WITH LINEHAUL ABOUT POLICY CHANGES!

NEED MORE GIRTH?
my brother ran for a contractor with ground . ALL of these sound like ground procedures, hmm >

I ran into NAS for a couple of years on the hub recently. They are a shifty bunch there. Change door assignments while you are driving around the back side dodging 50 other drivers backing up. And then try to write you up for putting box in wrong door. So I took pics on my phone every night of my handheld door assignments. I as you,could go on for a long time but… as for that former big boss Darrell an absolute disgrace. A remnant of Logue and Cherry’s reign of terror. Is it true that he is the CEO of yellow freight?
If so, they will be out of business in 2 years max.
I have a history and folder on my phone. I started taking pics as soon as they started with the handhelds. and when questioned by certain dispatchers I showed them. You are absolutely rt, I think if your not on their "good buddy" list your more scrutinized and have a target on your back. So glad we have the terminal manager we have now. He was once a driver and knows what we go thru. our first manager when I was hired was related to pat reed, you can only imagine what that was like.

I did not know about logging out of your handheld when your on a shuttle before you hit the dock. So I would get back to the my home domicile which is a hub and I wouldn’t get a door assignment. So I would just yard them. A couple times the morning person would call me asking me where the trailers are at. I’d have to tell him they are in the yard and I’m in my car headed home. After a year of this I asked my SCM about this and he informed me I’m supposed to log out of the handheld when I hit the dock and log back in before I leave. Well unfortunately I have to put a trailer or 2 to a door now but it makes life easier if I get a via on my way back. Less calls to the center if it’s not a Saturday morning.

Just noticed an earlier post…. If I get my dispatch a minute past my show time there just happens to be something wrong with one of my trailers and I have to go to the shop.

I did not know about logging out of your handheld when your on a shuttle before you hit the dock. So I would get back to the my home domicile which is a hub and I wouldn’t get a door assignment. So I would just yard them. A couple times the morning person would call me asking me where the trailers are at. I’d have to tell him they are in the yard and I’m in my car headed home. After a year of this I asked my SCM about this and he informed me I’m supposed to log out of the handheld when I hit the dock and log back in before I leave. Well unfortunately I have to put a trailer or 2 to a door now but it makes life easier if I get a via on my way back. Less calls to the center if it’s not a Saturday morning.

I didn't know about that either, another driver told me. Supervisors would text me doors while I was enroute because I would just drop them on the line too.

There are times I'll leave my tail on the line because dispatch didn't set up my return trip. You can set up door assignments but nobody can set up my return trip that's most likely empties. I'll have Central set up the trip and you figure out what to do with your other trailer.

Seems to me old B.S. is creeping back in. I'll give examples and you tell me if I'm over reacting or not.

Nashville road are the redheaded step children at our facility. Ever meeting when we have them make sure to tell us linehaul is the biggest expense like we are a cancer to the company. (Even though that what the company does, because we are in the transportation INDUSTRY!

1. City pretty much takes any truck they want and if they don't get back in time the FORCE road to take crappy spares! Literally just tried to fire a road driver for not taking one and saying he would wait on his. Then he hung up phone. Dispatcher went to HR and said he was unprofessional and almost got him fired!

2.Driver appreciation week. The only day food that was catered was on the city end, and road was either not told about it or told late when it was cold or picked over.

3. Florida volunteer work. ROAD was not told about it! We have drivers not working! When a driver ask management about it they were either lied too, said they only need city and dock or already had the volunteers they wanted.
One city driver that is down there ran from Nashville to Valdosta took break then to Jacksonville, Orlando etc..
Sounds like linehaul to me!

Anyone else experiencing this. Or am I just over reacting?
Road will be the first drivers replaced with automated trucks.
Those who call them cancer can't wait for the company to give the savings from automated road trucksroad to them.
They will be replaced soon after if not before.
How hard will it be to replace management. Easier than replacing road drivers.
But they're so smart that they can't see it. Their big brains get in the way.

Hurry!

Put everybody out of work.

Thread 'The Twilight Zone 1959 153 The Brain Center at Whipple's' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/t...1959-153-the-brain-center-at-whipples.119047/

Last edited:
I think everyone is out of line and should be happy they got a job in these difficult times the world is going through. We could be in a war like what's going on overseas and somebody worried about favoritism because they didn't get what they wanted. Sheesh

I think everyone is out of line and should be happy they got a job in these difficult times the world is going through. We could be in a war like what's going on overseas and somebody worried about favoritism because they didn't get what they wanted. Sheesh

I agree, that's why I demanded a pay decrease because I feel guilty being paid to work here. When they refused to cut my pay, i looked for other ways to save the company money.

So far, I limited myself to two hot dogs during driver appreciation week. It adds up over time.

I agree, that's why I demanded a pay decrease because I feel guilty being paid to work here. When they refused to cut my pay, i looked for other ways to save the company money.

So far, I limited myself to two hot dogs during driver appreciation week. It adds up over time.
Drive 46, and save the company on fuel costs, and improved miles per gallon.

You'd have other FXF drivers ramming you off the road, let alone the rest of traffic.

We're our own worst enemy after all. Had one hang me behind Holland/YRC a week ago when we were released from our prison time at the same time.
Love that. Such courtesy. The other night I had one of ours pin me in the middle lane after I moved over for him to get on. Lined up with my kite and just held it there. You’re welcome, a**hole. Next time I’ll let you eat the shoulder.