Central Transport | Fecal matter aproaching fan in Louisville

Spaciey

TB Lurker
Credits
Louisville PJAX driver here. Our terminal sold today and depending on which rumor you believe we have 30 to 60 days to vacate the premises.

Just curious what everybody thinks Vitran is gonna do. From what I hear Vitran is already overstaffed for their volume of freight. Louisville PJAX runs Lexington, Evansville, and Bowling Green out of their terminal. Once we lose that freight, thats like half our volume.So, there is gonna be a too many drivers and not enough freight.

What do you guys think Vitran's answer will be? Layoffs? Starve us out? Force a bunch of drivers to go linehaul and then lay them out constantly?

Obviously we all knew this was coming and I'm prepared for anything as are most of us. But, now that moment of truth is here.......well.......just a little antsy

pay cuts all good runs will go to vitran drivers you will drive the worst tractors haul the worst trailers that are loaded with the cheapest freight they are trying to get vitran pay to chris level pay i seen the memo

Vitran says everyone will have a job...those jobs may require you to move to Lex, BG, or Evans....just a thought. I think the low guys on the seniority list are SOL. I just don't see there being enough work the even spread thin. Why have twice as many trucks rolling out of LVL buring fuel when you don't need them to? The only other alternative I see is laying off or firing the dock guys opening up four positions here at LVL to allow drives to bid those jobs. Plus, the advantages of have CDL-dockworkers is more fuel to the fire. Good luck to us all.

I agree with sandbox, when the last merger happened around here awhile ago the drivers in the Palatine terminal were told that they still had jobs at Vitran BUT they had to go to either RFD or CHI or another surrounding terminal. SO if there isn't room in the terminal you are in now, thats going to be the answer unfortunatly.