Fed Ex accused of biggest mileage fraud in American History

Animation Tighten GIF by Reuben Armstrong

Ohhh , he only knows about Big Hats & strippers .

I would suspect that any time now,
The Teamster, aka 1984 Sideways will provide us with his findings, and opinion on how the union will investigate, and protect the people who, allegedly are interchanging these odometers. We all should be grateful he posted this story.

I would suspect that any time now,
The Teamster, aka 1984 Sideways will provide us with his findings, and opinion on how the union will investigate, and protect the people who, allegedly are interchanging these odometers. We all should be grateful he posted this story.
Are you sure he hasn't been posting recently under a pseudonym? :idunno:

I have seen initiatives in my company. "save money in the shop, and get a bonus", then trucks don't get fixed.
This was likely 1 guy, fed an initiative, so he sought to capitalize. Not realizing they would be found out.
I doubt Fed Ex even knew.
But companies create situations like this.

I remember when they were selling a bunch of L unit city tractors back in the day the old internationals, I was told the buyers were actually buying them mostly for how much fuel was in the tanks and selling the fuel when the prices were up.

We left fuel in the tanks? Everytime I grab a spare, there's no fuel, coolant, oil or washer fluid. Bastards.

We left fuel in the tanks? Everytime I grab a spare, there's no fuel, coolant, oil or washer fluid. Bastards.
I have broken down and they brought me a tractor with the seatbelt stud removed and flopping around , the tow truck driver fixed that for me, every light on the dash lit up and a 1/4 tank of fuel with 200 miles left to go.

I have broken down and they brought me a tractor with the seatbelt stud removed and flopping around , the tow truck driver fixed that for me, every light on the dash lit up and a 1/4 tank of fuel with 200 miles left to go.

That's not surprising. Nobody does the right thing with the spares.