FedEx Freight | Fed Ex Laying Drivers Off Before Part Timers??

Do tell....

Exactly how many full time drivers are being FORCED into layoffs at your center while PT employees will continue to work?

We will see that's what the drivers were told this morning, that if no one volunteers for lay off the bottom drivers would be layed off while part timers will keep their job. Seems you always show up at an opportune time wonder why?

We will see that's what the drivers were told this morning, that if no one volunteers for lay off the bottom drivers would be layed off while part timers will keep their job. Seems you always show up at an opportune time wonder why?

So you actually really have no idea what you are talking about?

I am on the boards all the time, mainly over in the politics forum, havent seen much worth commenting on over here of late, so i don't. Does that change the fact that your comments are at best your own factless speculation and at worst blatant fake news?

So you actually really have no idea what you are talking about?

I am on the boards all the time, mainly over in the politics forum, havent seen much worth commenting on over here of late, so i don't. Does that change the fact that your comments are at best your own factless speculation and at worst blatant fake news?

Factless speculation? Then why are the managers telling drivers exactly what I said. So are they spreading fake news and factless speculation? Hmmmmmmm

I took a cc day today, so I wasn't there but I got a call from another CDSA telling me this same thing. The expectation is 10 Road and 10 City will be the first to go. They don't know what to do about full time dock because they can't justify keeping part timers. That seems to be the hold up regarding the announcement.

Ops manager isn't happy about it. He expects a lot of guys to not come back and when all the freight comes back at once, part time and full time dock are useless because that's all they can do.

Factless speculation? Then why are the managers telling drivers exactly what I said. So are they spreading fake news and factless speculation? Hmmmmmmm

Considering what is being discussed currently is a VOLUNTARY furlough process, anything you would be insinuating about any forced layoffs would be, in fact, speculation.

That is the problem with alot of upper level management like yourself, you all think the peasants (front line workers) are stupid.

Upper level management.....LOL.

Because i find fault with YOUR lack of logic, it doesnt represent my thoughts regarding anyone else. If you cant even say how your center will be impacted, if at all, it logically follows that anything following that is pretty much a guess.

Upper level management.....LOL.

Because i find fault with YOUR lack of logic, it doesnt represent my thoughts regarding anyone else. If you cant even say how your center will be impacted, if at all, it logically follows that anything following that is pretty much a guess.

Don't be so obtuse. If he says management told him, then my guess is that it's not speculation. Stop instigating in times like these.

It's best to speculate now because we ALL KNOW WHAT'S COMING. So lets all prepare.. why try to hide the facts

Absolutely prepare, no secret that business is currently down, and no one can tell for sure when it will return to normal. Getting solid info to make preparations on is key. Not sure facts that don't exist yet can really be hidden.

Absolutely prepare, no secret that business is currently down, and no one can tell for sure when it will return to normal. Getting solid info to make preparations on is key. Not sure facts that don't exist yet can really be hidden.

so what if you decide to not take the furlough and a few others do get furloughed they have 6 months to get called back to work. But say 2 months later business keeps going down. Can they just lay you off and call the guys that are furloughed back in 4 months or would you have the chance to also be furloughed later

So basically the furloughed guys might have a chance to come back in 6 months but those of us who stay have a chance of being laid off.

So basically the furloughed guys might have a chance to come back in 6 months but those of us who stay have a chance of being laid off.

I would think so. They seem to be making this up as they go so there's no way to know for sure. They are trying to figure out the best way to cut costs without screwing themselves too much down the road. Right now it can be 10 Road, 10 City, 10 dock. Next month it can be 5 road, 5 city and 20 dock. There is no precedent for this because there's no real timetable on when things go back to normal.

In 08, the market crashed but it was still business as usual for the most part. There are no businesses right now other than food and pharmacies and for the most part, they have their supply chains so we're not that important to them.

Considering what is being discussed currently is a VOLUNTARY furlough process, anything you would be insinuating about any forced layoffs would be, in fact, speculation.
It's True was also preshifed this morning. Furloughs will be voluntary. But if nobody volunteers then they will force the furlough from bottom. TM told us we need 8-9 city & 3-4 road to furlough. Also told us a new bid w/ only 60% of city drivers will come out Moday & it's ugly. The other 40% of city will all be on call.