Yellow | fed ex taking home depot accounts

It must be regional cause I can't see it being nationwide, plus I noticed alot of vendors to HD are using TL carriers to move their frt to a HD DC than certain accounts go to LTL. Other accounts are delivered strickly by TL carries (like Swift).

Saia in my area is doing little or none of the HD's. Estes is a big player with Averitt and SEFL as the alternate or regional. Estes is a nationwide for them as is RDWY, but it all depends on the type of frt you're hauling for them.

Here in Albuquerque the primary ltl carriers for Home Depot are Roadway, Estes, and Central Truck Lines.

Here in Albuquerque the primary ltl carriers for Home Depot are Roadway, Estes, and Central Truck Lines.
I believe that these three are still HD,s core carriers but others are still hauling in as regionals and some customer routed type stuff. This is all crap freight that doesn't pay worth a hoot and is high claim junk. I would find it very amusing if FX is going after this junk seeing that they voluntarily pulled out as a core carrier some years ago for these very reasons.

All this high claim junk crap freight that doesn't pay worth a hoot does have one small benefit. It keeps us all working at 859.

318 just lost clorox to fed ex. there going to collect instead of prepaid.

They can have that account! By the time it got to us, it was junk. Try recooping a couple hundred ctns. of trash bags, day in and day out. Never a money maker when you have to do that!:smilie_132:

they stack those bags so high on the pallet that the bottoms crush nearly every time , nothing to do with how we handle it

Hd is about to start having loads come from new distribution warehouses which will have their trucks (bj hunt most likely) bringing in loads. M'nards operates this way also. Everyone who hauls for HD will see a big drop in freight for them. This has been in the works for a while.

Yea, I used to load our local HD for delivery. The HD freight has dropped to almost nothing at 671. We used to bay up all the HD in one area. By Monday it would take up the whole bay and parts of others. Not anymore.......DS.

I really can't imagine Fed-Ex getting much freight from Roadway. Estes and Central over the past few years, have pretty much took it all from Roadway already.

I remember we used to feed the HD from vendors on my P&D run. Gravy run cause at 3pm I would bump the dock and get blown out with a 53'. Everyone had their region RDWY the Northeast and midwest, Estes the midatlantic and midwest, SEFL the southeast, Averritt southeast -KY, Tenn area. Now you'll be lucky to get 10 plts a day out of there.

Good thing RDWY didn't place alot of eggs in that basket but it is time to seek other ventures of good paying freight. Maybe it won't work out and they resort back to the way it was.

Will tell you that alot of freight is being swayed to LTL carriers cause the price of fuel is keeping freight off the TL if they don't have a full load or generate enough freight to go an area it is cheaper to put it on a LTL. I am seeing this alot lately to customers who normally had their own company truck delivering their freight but diverted to us to save money.