Yellow | fedex and conway should be scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild deuce

TB Veteran
Credits
YRCW has just begun to implement the largest change of operation in Holland, Roadway, and Yellow's history. with UNION backing. DHL and UPS has just made an historic agreement to cover eachother in the air. fedex is getting sued left and RIGHT for labor violations and CF isnt there to take care of ConwayFreight anymore. How sweet can this be BROTHERS and SISTERS!

YRCW has just begun to implement the largest change of operation in Holland, Roadway, and Yellow's history. with UNION backing. DHL and UPS has just made an historic agreement to cover eachother in the air. fedex is getting sued left and RIGHT for labor violations and CF isnt there to take care of ConwayFreight anymore. How sweet can this be BROTHERS and SISTERS!

FedEx and Conway, some of our brothers want to know if they are hiring... :biglaugh:--->:joke:

I did hear that the FedEX national was the one division to shy away from if you were looking at getting into FedEx about a month ago. How true that actually is I could not tell you... :shrug:

All of a sudden you have faith and trust in the UNION and worst the COMPANY. Yeah ok lets see how that all works for all of you. PLEASE. I know lets vote BUSH in for a 3rd term, that would make things all warm and fuzzy.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what the heck are you talking about?

All of a sudden you have faith and trust in the UNION and worst the COMPANY. Yeah ok lets see how that all works for all of you. PLEASE. I know lets vote BUSH in for a 3rd term, that would make things all warm and fuzzy.

What confuses me is they polled and 80% of people in the US said the country was going in the wrong direction. Of this 80%, about 30 to 40% will vote for McCain, thinking he's gonna pursue a different strategy.

Just an observation. Please don't let this thread stray to politics because of it.

lets see what happens. Because If it works out I'll go back to yellow.

Sorry to intrude on a "foreign board"; if it were just YRC folks gouging, I wouldn't think much of it, but when it's one of our own...

Pickle, we've been through this on the FX boards.

The FXNL centers closing are "sub-stations" or "driver only" centers in (realtively) smaller areas. As compared to larger centers like Atlanta, Dallas, etc.

FXNL continues to hire in many locations, as does Freight East and West.

There were somewhere around 250 open East driver positions, both local and road, the last time I checked. In the neighborhood of 100 positions at both FXNL and West.

How much is turnover versus new positions? Ain't got no idea. But still, I can't imagine THAT MANY people are jumping off the bus.

I'd say we're in pretty good shape, and I hope the COO at the YRC companies works out well for everyone, as continued competition only raises the bar for all of us.

Pickle, it's nice to see that with a whopping month of experience in purple land that you're looking for signs of leaks in the ship. Have some confidence dude!

FXF OAF, going back to my domicle board.

Sorry to intrude on a "foreign board"; if it were just YRC folks gouging, I wouldn't think much of it, but when it's one of our own...

Pickle, we've been through this on the FX boards.

The FXNL centers closing are "sub-stations" or "driver only" centers in (realtively) smaller areas. As compared to larger centers like Atlanta, Dallas, etc.

FXNL continues to hire in many locations, as does Freight East and West.

There were somewhere around 250 open East driver positions, both local and road, the last time I checked. In the neighborhood of 100 positions at both FXNL and West.

How much is turnover versus new positions? Ain't got no idea. But still, I can't imagine THAT MANY people are jumping off the bus.

I'd say we're in pretty good shape, and I hope the COO at the YRC companies works out well for everyone, as continued competition only raises the bar for all of us.

Pickle, it's nice to see that with a whopping month of experience in purple land that you're looking for signs of leaks in the ship. Have some confidence dude!

FXF OAF, going back to my domicle board.

Thanks you confirmed what I said. Besides whatever yellow is doing. fedex and ups will copy anyway (if it works)

i thought fedex was going to take some of dhl's air lanes that were not profitable not ups. conway is running strong far as i know, last i checked yrcw stock was 14 dollars a share.

Besides whatever yellow is doing. fedex and ups will copy anyway (if it works)

Some might suggest that YRC is now doing what FXF did 10 years (massive COO, aka interregional reconfiguration) when we were AF. What we're doing this year, both with FXF and FXNL, is tweaking that model.

I didn't come over here too flame you guys, just to give one of our own a gentle nudge.

FXF OAF

Thanks you confirmed what I said. Besides whatever yellow is doing. fedex and ups will copy anyway (if it works)

Not trying to intrude on your board, but I believe YRC is implementing the operational changes to extend one and two day lanes. This would be compete with Fedex and Conway who have by far the best one and two day lanes, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.