FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight accidents by State 2years

730 accidents in two years is one accident a day which for the size of this company and as many drivers we have on the roads at all hours of the day one a day isn't that bad

20k trucks and only 730 accidents in two years...sounds like a damn fine record to me.

Add to that, some university study for the DOT said that 78% of those are caused by four-wheelers.

So..only 160 accidents caused by our trucks....

Investigation barely started, and already FedEx Freight is being looked at as the bad guy. That's the media for ya.

Wouldn't matter what the name was on the side or how good of a safety rating or weather the truck driver was clearly at fault or not. In the end we are always the bad guys with the main stream media.

Last edited by a moderator:
FedEx does have a reputation and it was earned. Granted, there are a ton of trucks and drivers out there, but there are still quite a few that can drive for ****. That statement in no way reflects on the CA accident. I am just going off what I have observed while working at FedEx and after.

The company is partly to blame for this. They put green horns behind the wheel that have little or no respect for the equipment and the carnage it can cause. They also foster an attitude of hurry, hurry, hurry. Gotta' hit the numbers, gotta' make the gate. Someone new in the industry can't separate the bull**** and just do it right and safe.

Remember, every action you make is a reflection on you, your company and the industry.

Guardrail

FedEx does have a reputation and it was earned. Granted, there are a ton of trucks and drivers out there, but there are still quite a few that can drive for ****. That statement in no way reflects on the CA accident. I am just going off what I have observed while working at FedEx and after.

The company is partly to blame for this. They put green horns behind the wheel that have little or no respect for the equipment and the carnage it can cause. They also foster an attitude of hurry, hurry, hurry. Gotta' hit the numbers, gotta' make the gate. Someone new in the industry can't separate the bull**** and just do it right and safe.

Remember, every action you make is a reflection on you, your company and the industry.

Guardrail

Oh dear......

News in Midwest is reporting tractor was engulfed in flames before it crossed the median and hit the bus....that sure as hell doesn't sound like an infraction by the driver. We are looking at either equipment failure...possible hazmat issue in the lead trailer or a combination of both. I think this set was headed to Sacramento. I looked into it and got the equipment numbers. Also, reporting a second occupant in the fed ex cab....possible driver apprentice? I'm just glad I got home safe today. Can happen to anyone of us at any time. God Bless everybodys families.

News in Midwest is reporting tractor was engulfed in flames before it crossed the median and hit the bus....that sure as hell doesn't sound like an infraction by the driver. We are looking at either equipment failure...possible hazmat issue in the lead trailer or a combination of both. I think this set was headed to Sacramento. I looked into it and got the equipment numbers. Also, reporting a second occupant in the fed ex cab....possible driver apprentice? I'm just glad I got home safe today. Can happen to anyone of us at any time. God Bless everybodys families.

>>>Tractor-trailer truck in flames before it crashed into students' bus, witnesses say<<<

Witnesses say FedEx semi rig was already on fire when it hit bus - CNN.com

It is possible that if the said tractor struck the car first that the impact ripped open the fuel tank and dumped fuel onto the muffler which might explain the fire also.

Seems to me that they need to find eyewitnesses that were also SB on I-5, either behind the FXF truck or in front of it, and saw the entire episode.
The witnesses on this CNN article were on the NB side, same side as the bus, and saw the truck coming at them head-on and took evasive action to miss the crash.

Since we are speculating at this point,,, and I see the hood of a Volvo laying there,,, how about that year or two that had that Stupid "regine" thing that sprayed fuel into the exhaust to burn out the catylitic (sp?) convertor ??? Those things smoked and stunk like he## ... Maybe a mechanical thing happened to set it on fire ????

thank you....that's exactly my point...tractor # 45876....is that newer? or 1 of the old national tractors?
Since we are speculating at this point,,, and I see the hood of a Volvo laying there,,, how about that year or two that had that Stupid "regine" thing that sprayed fuel into the exhaust to burn out the catylitic (sp?) convertor ??? Those things smoked and stunk like he## ... Maybe a mechanical thing happened to set it on fire ????

copy that....I hope this investigation finds it was no fault of the driver....everybody seems to think the tractor, but what about the contents of that lead? I had a discussion with another driver this morning and he said he s had to pull around after hooking and hearing things banging around in a placarded trailer multiple times and have "leadership" pop the seal and secure the loose freight. I don t want to go overboard here, but we know people don t secure freight the way it should be from time to time...it is possible..