FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight or Conway

If I could turn back the clock or start over as a young man, I would go conway. The friends that I have at conway are so much further ahead of me in pay, retirerment, and job security theres no match. Sadly when other drivers ask me about who to work for I tell them to check out conway or holland.

i came from conway i like fxfe better plus you get to top rate quicker.by the time you get up to top rate at conway compared to fedex freight it would take something like 11 years to break even based on the rate of pay when i left ccx 3yrs agao and based on 45 hours a week.

Holy crap did you look at it over there !

wow you aint kidding.i must say though a large percentage of us at fxfe came from conway.thats how it is at my barn anyway.When i put my application in at fedex i was wearing my ccx uniform.i went in between my split shifts

I looked at CCX in Manheim,Pa.And my dealings with the manager I talked to was less than impressive.Something just didn't feel right.Boy thank goodness,I followed my gut instinct and stayed away.
I think FedEx is proving it's commitment to the freight industry,and by buying Watkins,they're gonna be a real force,with a lot of options...Besides that ,Conways trucks and uniforms are Ugly! Even the new Blue lettered ones kinda look like a box of "Tampax"........

Started at con-way 1990,was a good place to work.After strike of 1994 they started to work everybody in the dirt,drive 526 miles drop and hook triples and work dock in dallas for 5+ hours a night,run out of hours 160 miles from home,get picked up.They wanted 8 off to start when you ran out of hours,so you could start and do it all over again.At end of week if you had 1 hour left,you had to drive in and work doock at fac when they wanted you too.I quit in 1999 went to Af /fxf been happy ever since.

Why did we drop from 2nd to 6th?

By reading the blurb on the link Smokestack posted, I'd say it's because we didn't get all the publicity we had in 2005 for delivering 440 tons of relief supplies (Katrina etc.), mostly at no charge. Remember, this is a survey of 3,322 executives, directors, and securities analysts being asked to select the 10 companies they admire most. It's not a customer or general public survey.

From a salary perspective.. I was with CSE from 95 to '01.. worked 13 to 15 hour days.. talked to like I was dirt, and made to do things that upper Mgnt would not do. FedEx has been good to me and my family.. there are things that I sometimes do not agree with, but usually after time goes by, I see that what FedEx does makes sense. Pay is comp. on a salary standpoint to CSE, benny's are higher, but less of a headache when it comes to details.. ICP for CSE, Bonus based on same principles for FXFE. Better tools, epuipment, and technology at FXFE.. and IN MY OWN VIEWS.... FXFE is a much better company to work for.. Things are good at my barn.. and The barn I was previously at. I like what I do, and who I do it for.

when i left conway it was put in my folder or file ok to rehire so if things didn't work out here for me at fx i would go back to conway.although i must say been at fxfe for almost 3 years now and i haven't looked back yet.

By reading the blurb on the link Smokestack posted, I'd say it's because we didn't get all the publicity we had in 2005 for delivering 440 tons of relief supplies (Katrina etc.), mostly at no charge. Remember, this is a survey of 3,322 executives, directors, and securities analysts being asked to select the 10 companies they admire most. It's not a customer or general public survey.

Thanks OLD AF, I thought it was all the conway guys we hired. :hysterical: Easy guys it was just a joke put away the rope.

Na go ahead Accelerator you have friends on both sides of the fence and you are a knowledgeable driver that seems to know the issues at stake on both sides .

Na go ahead Accelerator you have friends on both sides of the fence and you are a knowledgeable driver that seems to know the issues at stake on both sides .

Wow,:funky: now that is a hell of a stretch, but I also picked fdfx.

If the union thing does'nt work out at UPSF do you guy's mind if I join you guy's?