FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight to close and consolidate 29 locations, begin another round of furloughs

just great:burnsauce:

"It's a very small percentage of total FXF (FedEx Freight) employees that will be impacted," a spokesperson told The Commercial Appeal.

yea , okay ...

This is the part that gets me

FedEx said eligible employees will be offered “permanent transfer opportunities to other markets that have hiring needs”

What buildings are hiring? Fum buck Dakota....

How are they closing a location when the next closest location is 2hrs away?
I'd have guessed they were closing terminals in oversaturated locations, eliminating redundancy. Can anyone comment on the known closed locations and the level of concentration of other terminals in the near area?

How are they closing a location when the next closest location is 2hrs away?
I'd have guessed they were closing terminals in oversaturated locations, eliminating redundancy. Can anyone comment on the known closed locations and the level of concentration of other terminals in the near area?
I certainly hope I am wrong, but inter-lining and Purchased Transportation come to mind!!!
I hope we are all not about to see 2008 repeating itself!!!

We lost several accounts to competitors in the last year or so. It’s almost like FedEx isn’t interested in moving freight. They’re just interested in making their employees suffer as much as possible. They were pushing the survey so hard last week because they knew this was coming. Very slimy. #fedexcares