FedEx Freight | FedEx posts bigger loss, issues gloomy outlook

I honestly see much of the portions merging but I see the value of having two seperate operations. The whole accops thing is a godsend for me. You dont know how many times I would hear from a customer,"Where is my pallet?" I would have to go to the public website for national, plug in the pro# and tell them what I saw on the website and act like I had some sort of internal view to their shipments when I didnt! ACCOPS is really helping me out. I envision the whole thing being a lot like Express and Ground. Freight is a better product and service(no offense to FXNL) just like Express is a better product and service than Ground. But the key is to have both offerings so that the customer has a choice based on price and service levels. Because of that, I dont see the National operation going anywhere. What could possibly happen is that it all goes under a FedEx LTL name and have service levels of Regional(FXFW, FXFE), Super Regional(EZ Flyer), and Long Haul(FXNL). Supermassive Service centers with both operations could also happen but the two services should remain as they are. I know that making FXNL more like FXF is happening but its because for a lot of the non-operations type stuff that I deal with, having people on the same page just makes the customer's experience better.

"But the key is to have both offerings so that the customer has a choice based on price and service levels."

DING DING DING DING - We have a winner!

The key is to get the pricing fixed so there's a true differentiator.

@FR8SALES - I hope you stay with us after you move to Services. We need your logical, fact-based, well-thought-out contributions on this board.

oaf

stand up

You mean that drivers working the dock, PT hauling our freight, No hostlers, No Idle ,
No 401 K , Laying off good men and women, Isnt working ?
Go figure
Go back to the way it was
Viking was doing it for a reason
Take care of your employees, and they'll take care of you
Excellent point, its time for a change. united you stand divided you fall. say it isnt so.