FedEx Freight | FedEx Press Release - it is official

Here's a picture of the new trucks.

LTL_image2pop.jpg

princess said:
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/tm.site/news/BREAKING NEWS/265957/

So, what will all this mean for the fedex freight drivers?
Just off hand I would say look at the Overnite deal with UPS.They got better.You will Too...The only problem that will affect all concerned is now you become a number instead of a name.But that happens with all companys that are intergated with other companys.Good luck to all those affected..Thank God you's weren't purchased by USF...Remember Red Star ? and what USF did to them...

The only problem that will affect all concerned is now you become a number instead of a name

I was thinking this will affect Linehaul drivers somehow..Maybe lose routes and or miles?
You think city drivers will still have a shot at road postitons now...I would think Fedex National LTL would be doing it.

According to the FAQ, they will continue to operate as separate companies.. There will be no intergration of operations between Fedex Freight and Watkins.. If that is true it will not affect either line or local drivers at either company.

dirtball you dont know any thing about Red star or what went down and all you scabs with bad driving records that cant cut it at the top Roadway.Yellow.UsfHolland'NewPenn'Abf;you will always be second class

owlpuss said:
dirtball you dont know any thing about Red star or what went down and all you scabs with bad driving records that cant cut it at the top Roadway.Yellow.UsfHolland'NewPenn'Abf;you will always be second class

Geez..what crawled up your butt & died:bigmouth:

owlpuss said:
owlpuss. I worked at both union and non-union. You are wrong in that statement sir.

We became a "number" instead of a name when fedex took over... Funny, (or maybe not), that this deal was announced right before we were supposed to get a raise........

this should help fedex corperate

i hope that this pulls the CFI's ,TLI's, SITTON MOTOR FREIGHT's and the US EXPRESSES out of our hubs and "we" haul all our fedex freight and get rid of the brokers and the purchase trailers. how can u guys be worried all this does is bring home what is already ours

I am confused.
Watkins has city drivers and line haul and long haul drivers.Owner op's and teams as well..

They are not just Long Haul..they do they same things Fedex Freight does on a smaller scale..so will they still have city drivers?

I wish someone would lay out some scenerios on how things could possibly affect Fedex Freight employees..

My husband told me that the talk at his terminal is that city drivers can forget about road positions in the future..more so if you are at a terminal close to a Watkins Terminal or hub...Hope not..he was wanting to pay his dues and eventually be linehaul..

re

when they emailed it to us - they gave the link with it to the new company website and that picture - so obviously this was a "planned" release to somewhat of a schedule.

Rob

princess said:
Hmm..so was the rumor that Fedex was Buying watkins..:TR10driving03:
No one can know of what the operations are yet. I knew about the Watkins deal in November. I do not know anything about what the plans are. If I know FedEx There will be many more opportunities. Don't panic. You should be excited!