FedEx Freight | fedex scare tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

makinit

TB Lurker
Credits
finally at my barn we had our real anti-union meeting. they were trying to scare us with the old teamsters way of doing things, how the central states southeast and southwest area pension fund was failing, and threating new hires if we vote yes they will not get their 90 day raise. also they told us the score card is completely gone and will never come back. which is all totally lies. caught them in one just this morning when they were asked about the seatbelt on the yard rule. they said oh no the first time will only be a coaching but the second 1 will be termination. COME ON MAN they told us a few months ago that it was totally gone and now saying you still will get fired be for real. also I know for a fact can't say how but the scorecard isn't gone because it will affect what they have plan in the future so rest assure they still have a game plan up their sleeves. they are telling us that the teamsters are only out their for our money to pay their salaries they don't care about us. they told us that the union pays their leaders country wide [ PER FEDEX ] roughly 3 1/2 million in salaries per a year. fedex has upper management that make that in just bonus. REMEMBER THE TEAMSTERS DIDN'T COME TO US WE WENT TO THEM. UPSF have their on pension plan and that's what we will bargain on, they have better ins., better pay, and we can have the same. the young guys out their are being pushed to vote no and don't know how corporate America really is. The only way you can secure your future and have a say so in it is to vote yes. us older guys always thought that our future was secure, but now that we are corporate America and no longer American freightways, Viking, or Watkins we know and have and are living through it everyday that our future isn't secured anymore. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK THE OLDER GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME AND OR GO TO A MEETING WITH THE TEAMSTERS AND ASK QUESTIONS. DON'T BELIEVE OR BE SCARED TO DO IT BECAUSE FEDEX THREATENS YOU. MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS. You will hear both sides not just one side. at my barn we have people totally for it and totally against it, I can tell you this only because I know it's true that the majority of the anti-union folks are afraid of losing their gravy or are new hires that have been threaten 1 way or another. I WILL TELL YOU LIKE WE WERE TOLD THIS MORNING IN OUR MEETING GO TO A UNION MEETING OR CALL THE LOCAL PRESIDENT AND ASK QUESTIONS, THEN MAKE UP YOU MIND.

Still unsure why u all get your panties in a bunch over the scorecard unless your really a crappy driver. There was nothing wrong with it except the way they implemented it. Unless you prefer favoritism or if you'd like your job future to depend on whether or not your safety guy got laid last night then I'd say it's right up your alley! Me, I prefer the scorecard to favoritism.

As far as the seatbelt policy? Totally gay and stupid policy. That's just another way to breath their power trip down your throat.

And in closing... Of course their policies of days of old will eventually come back. They now discovered (via Union voting) the majority of drivers here prefer the old regime regardless of consequences. The "I'm just happy to have a job" crowd was victorious!

Make my own decision in regards to voting the union in?

I did, damnit! . You union goobs wont let it go!
I dont need any more "enlightenment" So face it, a lot (most) of us dont want the union here. Deal with it.

Ask this: If the union is so damn good , and the the time is right, and we are all "tired of being pushed around", then why are the centers voting it down, at almost 3:1, in areas that are historically very pro-union?

finally at my barn we had our real anti-union meeting. they were trying to scare us with the old teamsters way of doing things, how the central states southeast and southwest area pension fund was failing, and threating new hires if we vote yes they will not get their 90 day raise. also they told us the score card is completely gone and will never come back. which is all totally lies. caught them in one just this morning when they were asked about the seatbelt on the yard rule. they said oh no the first time will only be a coaching but the second 1 will be termination. COME ON MAN they told us a few months ago that it was totally gone and now saying you still will get fired be for real. also I know for a fact can't say how but the scorecard isn't gone because it will affect what they have plan in the future so rest assure they still have a game plan up their sleeves. they are telling us that the teamsters are only out their for our money to pay their salaries they don't care about us. they told us that the union pays their leaders country wide [ PER FEDEX ] roughly 3 1/2 million in salaries per a year. fedex has upper management that make that in just bonus. REMEMBER THE TEAMSTERS DIDN'T COME TO US WE WENT TO THEM. UPSF have their on pension plan and that's what we will bargain on, they have better ins., better pay, and we can have the same. the young guys out their are being pushed to vote no and don't know how corporate America really is. The only way you can secure your future and have a say so in it is to vote yes. us older guys always thought that our future was secure, but now that we are corporate America and no longer American freightways, Viking, or Watkins we know and have and are living through it everyday that our future isn't secured anymore. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK THE OLDER GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME AND OR GO TO A MEETING WITH THE TEAMSTERS AND ASK QUESTIONS. DON'T BELIEVE OR BE SCARED TO DO IT BECAUSE FEDEX THREATENS YOU. MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS. You will hear both sides not just one side. at my barn we have people totally for it and totally against it, I can tell you this only because I know it's true that the majority of the anti-union folks are afraid of losing their gravy or are new hires that have been threaten 1 way or another. I WILL TELL YOU LIKE WE WERE TOLD THIS MORNING IN OUR MEETING GO TO A UNION MEETING OR CALL THE LOCAL PRESIDENT AND ASK QUESTIONS, THEN MAKE UP YOU MIND.

sounds like you only heard what you wanted to hear. Let me ask you a question, what makes you think that if FEDEX won't pay for the insurance now, that they will be able to just because the union is in. Because that is what the union is telling you. Once again the company gets accused of nothing but lies. But the only truth to this post is " the dues pay for the teamsters leaadership salaries" This is nothing but your imagination running wild. Get off of the scorecard IT IS NOT COMING BACK, the safety infractions ARE NOT COMING BACK. Move on because if you think the teamsters can help you out with any of this, than you are truly mis informed.

I dont need any more "enlightenment" So face it, a lot (most) of us dont want the union here. Deal with it.

Ask this: If the union is so damn good , and the the time is right, and we are all "tired of being pushed around", then why are the centers voting it down, at almost 3:1, in areas that are historically very pro-union?

Probably because they listened to the Fedex "NEGOTIATOR" that has been sent out to tell us how bad this could be. Like Fedex does not ever have to agree to a contract and it will probably go on for years. If you strike you will probably get about $100 a week from the strike fund and fedex will discontinue your benefits at that point. They can hire full time replacements and not bring you back. There are over 360 terminals in the US and they will be able to handle it with so few wanting contracts. Your pension/ 401k is great. Your healthcare coverage is great, as long as you do what we tell you to do and shop everything around we both benefit. Example given: If you are in they hospital and need an MRI and they tell you it's $4000 but it's $1000 some where else, have them release you to go get the MRI and then come back ( I guess or shop that around too.).Oh and how too many drivers are obese because when he orders the tees and polo shirts for the truck driver championships he has to order too many 6Xs. When asked if he gets post retirement medical, he said yes but that it comes from a different part of Fedex.I don't care they can give me some of that from a different part of Fedex too. Anyway this guy is "The Negotiator" a job he says doesn't want but apparently is being forced to take so he is not giving anything out without us giving something up.Guess he is saying vote yes and we will set you up for a STALEMATE.vote no he wins without a fight and goes back to crunching numbers, paying for the oversize clothes all the fat guys wear and figuring out what to do with the medical plan to force you in to losing weight.

New Penn. Driver. Eastern PÀ- Western NJ along I-78. Dock also.
Did you ever say where you're from?
I don't really care for your stance.
Downfall of profession the way I see it.
I thought you said predominantly nonunion area. None voted yet.
All-about-me and all-about-the company does nothing for the trade nor country imo.
Too bad we have to share it.

New Penn. Driver. Eastern PÀ- Western NJ along I-78. Dock also.
Did you ever say where you're from?
I don't really care for your stance.
All-about-me and all-about-the company does nothing for the trade nor country imo.

Re-read the guy's post Slave... He said the vote has come from historically pro-union areas... Quit driving and texting....

Y'all must really work at some Crappy centers. we had our meeting. Center manger said his peace we said ours. No big deal. nobody got threatened Nothing was said to the new guys about there 90 raise. I think a lot of this stuff is made up to make FXF really look worse than they are. Is FXF perfect not by a long shot. But I do think things will get better now that Cherry and Logue are gone. The new CEO don't think he will be around long either. They will find the right guy (I hope). Only time will tell. The Centers that have voted yes good luck on a contract. FXF will drag it out for years. And they can as long as they show they are negotiating in good faith it will take years.

Re-read the guy's post Slave... He said the vote has come from historically pro-union areas... Quit driving and texting....
I answered his questions 2 posts above mine.
No driving today. Waited all day for cardiologist to up my bloodpressure pills so I could fill it but he never called. I'm out.
Can ya tell?

Here I thought several posters disappeared for good. I guess they were just waiting for a win for their team. Welcome back to you all.

3-1 in areas historically pro union. While I do agree that I am confused about the outcome, 56-47 & 57-44 isn't anywhere near 3-1. Must be some of that new FedEx math where your pension is fully funded. Good day

I answered his questions 2 posts above mine.
No driving today. Waited all day for cardiologist to up my bloodpressure pills so I could fill it but he never called. I'm out.
Can ya tell?

Slave, it's not your blood pressure that causes you to do what you do, it's being one sided and close minded that causes it... Hoffa has trained you well... Now, give him back his teet... Pat needs a little attention, he's getting jealous...

Slave, it's not your blood pressure that causes you to do what you do, it's being one sided and close minded that causes it... Hoffa has trained you well... Now, give him back his teet... Pat needs a little attention, he's getting jealous...
And in defense of Stark, whom I have actually butted heads with before on the union topic, he's retired Estes and currently YRC. If anyone has a legitimate opinion of the garbage on both sides of the argument, I would say it's him.

3:1 is bs go look at my post on total vote count and maybe you can learn something, or are you using FedEx math.

There's only one reason FXF doesn't want the Union in, it will cost them money. The money it costs them will go to the employees, if you were going to lose anything FXF would welcome the Union in.

So in your mind, being union makes it all better? Is that Holland driver that I see blocking the fuel pumps every night, taking his 30 minute lunch, making this profession better? What about the UPS driver I see every night, tailgating the other UPS driver he's running with? Is he improving the industry?

You see, belonging to a union doesn't change the way a driver acts. This industry is in trouble. Involvement in a club or organization does not increase professional actions.

Guardrail

Status
Not open for further replies.