XPO | Feedback from St. Louis SCM Conference

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
I bumped into our SMC this morning at my barn and asked how the conference went. He said that Mr. Jacobs' concern for dsr's was their retention. "And what was said about how he plans on retaining drivers," I asked. 1). Wages- Mr Jacobs wants to make sure that his drivers are happy w/ what they earn at XPO. So apparently, he will not only maintain what we're getting now and through 2016, but will keep them competitive, if not above industry scale, well into the future. 2). DSR Skin in the Game- My TM said that Mr. Jacobs wants drivers to have some of their 'skin in the game.'...meaning that there could be some kind of incentive for drivers to give a little extra to get a little extra...meaning???...no details.

Anybody else hear any other interesting tidbits from the TM conference??? Any thoughts???

None of the terminal's are closing,trying to make every location profitable.Uniforms,signage and rebranding coming in January.Handheld's rolling out asap.Painting at all facilities in the spring when it warms up,blue is gone.

None of the terminal's are closing,trying to make every location profitable.Uniforms,signage and rebranding coming in January.Handheld's rolling out asap.Painting at all facilities in the spring when it warms up,blue is gone.
Our barn is one of the pilot terminals that rolled out the new 'Mobile SCO TC75 Device' this week. I received about 1.5 hours of videos and training
on it this morning before going out on my run w/ it. All that I can say to everybody is this...it's a lot to digest...and it will take quite some time to get it down. At the end of the day I couldn't complete my last stop w/ it so I just came back to my barn anyway. My TM looked at my HH when I got back and tried to close my last stop and even he had trouble w/ it.

I bumped into our SMC this morning at my barn and asked how the conference went. He said that Mr. Jacobs' concern for dsr's was their retention. "And what was said about how he plans on retaining drivers," I asked. 1). Wages- Mr Jacobs wants to make sure that his drivers are happy w/ what they earn at XPO. So apparently, he will not only maintain what we're getting now and through 2016, but will keep them competitive, if not above industry scale, well into the future. 2). DSR Skin in the Game- My TM said that Mr. Jacobs wants drivers to have some of their 'skin in the game.'...meaning that there could be some kind of incentive for drivers to give a little extra to get a little extra...meaning???...no details.

Anybody else hear any other interesting tidbits from the TM conference??? Any thoughts???
WELL THEN,THE ? NOW IS WHY DID MY SCM RETURN TODAY(FRIDAY)

We can only hope. Around here there are several companies that have been gobbled up by XPO. The one girl said they were promised raises three months ago. Still haven't gotten them.

Incentive for drivers is great. But even better would be incentive for management to put the drivers in positions to succeed.

Our barn is one of the pilot terminals that rolled out the new 'Mobile SCO TC75 Device' this week. I received about 1.5 hours of videos and training
on it this morning before going out on my run w/ it. All that I can say to everybody is this...it's a lot to digest...and it will take quite some time to get it down. At the end of the day I couldn't complete my last stop w/ it so I just came back to my barn anyway. My TM looked at my HH when I got back and tried to close my last stop and even he had trouble w/ it.

Can't get here soon enough. We lose any more handhelds and we will be going back to pen and paper.

WELL THEN,THE ? NOW IS WHY DID MY SCM RETURN TODAY(FRIDAY)
We can only hope. Around here there are several companies that have been gobbled up by XPO. The one girl said they were promised raises three months ago. Still haven't gotten them.

Incentive for drivers is great. But even better would be incentive for management to put the drivers in positions to succeed.
I'll buy that...cause mgt. really does need to step up to partner w/ us drivers rather than just lording it over us. In fact my TM said that when he was out at St. Louis this week, he learned that Conway's management style was to generate their business philosophy; (good, bad, or indifferent), and then just jam it down our throats. And if anybody didn't like it and reared up and bucked against it , they'd be beaten down. My TM gave me the impression that XPO's business model would not be like Conway's,(Us verses Them), but rather everybody's on the same team and will be pulling together rather than pulling against each other in order to make this operation profitable. What would really make this company great would be if both Brad and Tony allowed time in their schedules to travel around to terminals to hold town meeting and get some of our seasoned input , advice, etc. on some of the things we'd like to see put into play concerning the running of this outfit.

I'll buy that...cause mgt. really does need to step up to partner w/ us drivers rather than just lording it over us. In fact my TM said that when he was out at St. Louis this week, he learned that Conway's management style was to generate their business philosophy; (good, bad, or indifferent), and then just jam it down our throats. And if anybody didn't like it and reared up and bucked against it , they'd be beaten down. My TM gave me the impression that XPO's business model would not be like Conway's,(Us verses Them), but rather everybody's on the same team and will be pulling together rather than pulling against each other in order to make this operation profitable. What would really make this company great would be if both Brad and Tony allowed time in their schedules to travel around to terminals to hold town meeting and get some of our seasoned input , advice, etc. on some of the things we'd like to see put into play concerning the running of this outfit.
OR BETTER YET THEY NEED ONE MORE MEETING IN ST.LOUIS WITH ONE DRIVER REP FROM EACH BARN

THE ONLY WAY I SEE THIS HAPPENING IS FOS/SCM'S NEED TO STOP IT WITH THE NUMBERS GAME, LOAD TRAILERS THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE(NOT CRAMMING IT FULL JUST TO HAVE TRL UTILIZATION&CUBE WHICH IS WHERE WERE GETTING DAMAGE FROM)DRIVERS USED TO GET ON OTHER DRIVERS ON CAUSING DAMAGE BACK WHEN WE HAD I.C.P IN THE AVERAGE OF $2-3K ,NOT MUCH INCENTIVE NOW! YOU NEED 90K TO GET A $900.00 BONUS,AND LASTLY WE NEED TO STOP REWARDING BAD BEHAIVIOR, I.E THE MILKMEN

OR BETTER YET THEY NEED ONE MORE MEETING IN ST.LOUIS WITH ONE DRIVER REP FROM EACH BARN
Yeah, I like that idea of one driver from each barn going to St. Louis to brainstorm w/ many other dsr's and the top brass of this company. There could be problems if local management picked the guys to go to St. Louis though. I see the problem this way...would the guy going to St. Louis be a true representative of us drivers if they were bootlicker types? Cause we all know that local management pets usually are the ones who are pushed into the spotlight and shown favoritism in situations like this. Solution?...have the guys elect among themselves who would go to the meeting in St. Louis. That way we'd at least have a fair voice at this meeting of the minds and hopefully strike up a true collaborative relationship that would brake down the 'Us verses Them' mentality and get this company back on track again. That's what I'm hoping for.

Yeah, I like that idea of one driver from each barn going to St. Louis to brainstorm w/ many other dsr's and the top brass of this company. There could be problems if local management picked the guys to go to St. Louis though. I see the problem this way...would the guy going to St. Louis be a true representative of us drivers if they were bootlicker types? Cause we all know that local management pets usually are the ones who are pushed into the spotlight and shown favoritism in situations like this. Solution?...have the guys elect among themselves who would go to the meeting in St. Louis. That way we'd at least have a fair voice at this meeting of the minds and hopefully strike up a true collaborative relationship that would brake down the 'Us verses Them' mentality and get this company back on track again. That's what I'm hoping for.
exactly

THE ONLY WAY I SEE THIS HAPPENING IS FOS/SCM'S NEED TO STOP IT WITH THE NUMBERS GAME, LOAD TRAILERS THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE(NOT CRAMMING IT FULL JUST TO HAVE TRL UTILIZATION&CUBE WHICH IS WHERE WERE GETTING DAMAGE FROM)DRIVERS USED TO GET ON OTHER DRIVERS ON CAUSING DAMAGE BACK WHEN WE HAD I.C.P IN THE AVERAGE OF $2-3K ,NOT MUCH INCENTIVE NOW! YOU NEED 90K TO GET A $900.00 BONUS,AND LASTLY WE NEED TO STOP REWARDING BAD BEHAIVIOR, I.E THE MILKMEN
Yup! It all boils down to that nitwit score card, accountability, and everybody shouldering the work load equally. If all these were executed, then everything else would fall into place and I think that I'd actually get excited to get up in the early twilight zone morning to go to work for this company. Well.. maybe not thrilled, come to think about it, cause after all I'd be going to work for XLSM, (XPO Logistics Stress Machine). But then again... maybe , just maybe, it would actually be a little more tolerable if things changed for the better. Am I optimistic or what???

Yup! It all boils down to that nitwit score card, accountability, and everybody shouldering the work load equally. If all these were executed, then everything else would fall into place and I think that I'd actually get excited to get up in the early twilight zone morning to go to work for this company. Well.. maybe not thrilled, come to think about it, cause after all I'd be going to work for XLSM, (XPO Logistics Stress Machine). But then again... maybe , just maybe, it would actually be a little more tolerable if things changed for the better. Am I optimistic or what???
if it means no coffee,no gloves,etc...stripped down equipment,to get back to a feeling of job securement& not looking over shoulders, or what we have now well the choice is obvious for me.

Thats how it used to be, they had the I & E report each mouth for every service center. This was the primary measure for each terminal.

Thats how it used to be, they had the I & E report each mouth for every service center. This was the primary measure for each terminal.

Let me guess. This was before the Con-way " merger ". Back when each region was separate and Con-way was still a privately owned company ?

I will believe all these big changes when I see them, I don't think the former Con/Way bunch knows how to run a freight company anymore!:couch::horseshit::usa2::usa2::usa2: