Yellow | Fellow Driver Killed

It's funny how both of the trucks are practically on the shoulder, I'm sure the YRC driver didn't drive it to the shoulder being killed on impact. I'm like others, 40 mph my a**. It's also amazing that the pups are in a straight line and not jackknifed from the impact.

Don't know how many times I've seen drivers pull onto the road not using there warning flashers while still going slow. Not sure if it was the case here but it was at a bad time of the morning when all of us get sleepy and a warning flasher might have helped save a life! My condolences to the family!

How many times has someone pulled of the shoulder or getting on interstate, look in mirror and you can't move over? Life at 62 sucks!! May GOD BLESS HIM and HIS FAMILY!!!

Steve Woolsey started for YRC (then Roadway) in Chicago Heights shortly after the strike. He worked as a team driver mostly until he transfered to Elgin, IL. When the Bolingbrook terminal opened in 2007 the Elgin terminal closed and Steve took the transfer to Bolingbrook. He was the road steward at Bolingbrook for Local 179. As far as I know he had never been involved in any accidents prior to this tradgedy.

As reported in several accounts the England driver claimed to be traveling 40MPH at the time of the collision. I find that VERY hard to believe. Looking at the extent of the damage to Steve's tractor, the England was traveling VERY slow. I just don't understand how a YRC tractor traveling at somewhere around 60MPH could underride that far if the second vehicle was traveling at 40MPH.

My thoughts and prayers are with Steve's family.
All of our thoughts and prayers should be with him and the family, is there anywhere we can send a memoirial to?

To R14 and Allbag, thankyou for the name of our departed brother. No man should loose his life for his job. we are all deminished by this loss.

How many times has someone pulled of the shoulder or getting on interstate, look in mirror and you can't move over? Life at 62 sucks!! May GOD BLESS HIM and HIS FAMILY!!!

Right or wrong, I go to great lengths to avoid stopping on the shoulder because it is dangerous to be that close to fast moving traffic, not even mentioning the danger re-entering the roadway. We all need reminders of the dangers to avoid the worst.

In a few seconds,you could lose it all!

He was a good guy and an ex union steward at Term.318,Bolingbrook,Ill. My sympathy to his family and as a YRC driver,we all wish that we could retire at the normal age and not continue in this industry because of the pension fiasco. To all drivers,be safe out there! Reddogg

I lost two relatives because some jerk in a 4wheeler decided to pull out unannounced from the side of I74 striking another vehicle sending it into the opposing traffic hitting my cousins head on.

Seems that if the England driver was in fact going 40mph, then Steve would have had been watching him pull off the shoulder and had plenty of time to react. Were their skid marks proving that England just pulled out? State police should have reconstructed the accident for any clues. Does anyone know what Steve's CB handle was? I worked in Peru from '79 to '92 and wondered if I had known him.

Seems that if the England driver was in fact going 40mph, then Steve would have had been watching him pull off the shoulder and had plenty of time to react. Were their skid marks proving that England just pulled out? State police should have reconstructed the accident for any clues. Does anyone know what Steve's CB handle was? I worked in Peru from '79 to '92 and wondered if I had known him.
See my post #19 in this thread. I never knew his CB handle.