Estes | Few questions

Champion bulldo

TB Lurker
Credits
I have a few questions about what's it like to work at estes.

1. What is a typical start time for p&d driver when they are new?
2. Is there a difference between hub/combo and p&d?
3. How are the benifits at estes? Do the do any kinda profit sharing along with matching 401k? Do the offer good health insurance?
4. Do u have to do residential deliveries? If so are they made in a box truck or tractor trailer?
5. Do they pay overtime?
6. Typically how many hours a day do drivers work?

P&D drivers start at different times in the morning. Hub drivers drive to another terminal with trailer and usually work the dock there then pull a trailer back to their home terminal, but you may have to work the dock at your home terminal just depends. Combo driver does what ever Estes needs from working the the dock to hostling trailers or any of the other types of runs. P&D delivers and picks up at customers on their routes and yes they do residential in the pups and 53 footers very few box trucks.P&D and dock work pays overtime. Hours per day depends on what you are doing. It could be a long day or a 7-8 hour day just depends on what you are doing what run you have and if there is freight. Wild board drivers can be utilized up to 14 hours. Benefits are alright but could be better. The dental plan is crap. Health insurance is ok but ive had better then again ive had worse. They do have a 401k but i cant remember what they match . Its not doing that great at the moment because of the economy. Some drivers who have been with the company a good while have lost a lot of money at least thats what some are grumbling about. They do have vision insurance but i dont know much about that either. If hired on you start at the bottom at what ever you do. They use the senority system so you have to climb the ladder but i have seen new people luck up and get a good run at least for a year until they rebid the runs.

Think 401k is 7% so they'll match 50% of 7%
I was never a big fan of the 401 thing.
I hear ot after 48 52 depending where you run out of. Healthcare pretty good. 3 different plans to pick from. Basically free for the employee, cheap for the family

Think 401k is 7% so they'll match 50% of 7%
I was never a big fan of the 401 thing.
I hear ot after 48 52 depending where you run out of. Healthcare pretty good. 3 different plans to pick from. Basically free for the employee, cheap for the family
No fan either , I have what's called retirement CD's , when the 401 shysters started a " maintenance fee " I slowed up

Last edited:
No fan either , I have what's called retirement CD's , when the 401 shysters started a " maintenance fee " I slowed up
if your 401k plan allows this, enroll in it to get max match then roll it into your favorite IRA manager without all the fees…

beware of BlackRock….lol