Yellow | Find your own fuel, none at terminals

pullintriples

Drink'in purple koo-laid
Credits
When I left Nashville yesterday my truck was outside the shop and one of the mechanics came up and checked my fuel gauge and told me that if it had atleast 1/4 tank they would not fuel the truck and I would have to stop at a truckstop and buy enough to get to my terminal......the mechanic said they would not have any fuel or be fueling linehaul tractors for atleast the next four weeks.:wtflol:

So not having been issued a fuel card, what would a driver do if they didn't have enough fuel to complete the run....Call breakdown????????? Is there a truckstop chain we have an account with??????

btw, my truck had enough fuel to make it back but what the hell are we supposed to do????

Fuel

When I left Nashville yesterday my truck was outside the shop and one of the mechanics came up and checked my fuel gauge and told me that if it had atleast 1/4 tank they would not fuel the truck and I would have to stop at a truckstop and buy enough to get to my terminal......the mechanic said they would not have any fuel or be fueling linehaul tractors for atleast the next four weeks.:wtflol:

So not having been issued a fuel card, what would a driver do if they didn't have enough fuel to complete the run....Call breakdown????????? Is there a truckstop chain we have an account with??????

btw, my truck had enough fuel to make it back but what the hell are we supposed to do????

I am a road driver and we are told to fuel at T/A

they use TA's nationwide as far as i know. from what i understand we have a account with them and dont need a fuel card.

i had the same thing happen to me one day when they sent me from Atlanta up to Virginia to bed, then woke me up and sent me to chattanooga via Hickory. none of the little terminals i went to had fuel so i hit a TA on I-40 and got fuel. think the card is under yellows name

at 135 we have our own fuel right off the pipeline, with a 1,000,000 tank. all we need, pump and go.:funky::funky:

There was some note in the office that some pipeline is down because of Ike. They said they got as much fuel as they could, but they needed us to fuel up our own out on the road.

You can get fuel at just about any T/A in the country by simply using a relay number or calling relay to get a P.O.number.

You can get fuel at just about any T/A in the country by simply using a relay number or calling relay to get a P.O.number.

I don't even think you need a PO number. They have this thing called an access account with TA. Just have them punch it in and voila. Think you need to give R number and driver id and truck number. One time they made it difficult and I said "Why don't you charge it to Yellow" and it worked!

If it is not storm related, and this is the case that you do not fuel at the yard. It may really be an issue that the local fuel vendors are cutting back on supplying YRC at their yards. Now some have mentioned that they all fuel up at the T/A which is also in financial trouble and would likely extend credit to YRC.

Just a thought and may not be too far fetched. If YRC starts to be cut off by vendors and creditors............then it's over...........remember CF. Ultimately what shut them down was the insurance carrier pulling the plug.

If it is not storm related, and this is the case that you do not fuel at the yard. It may really be an issue that the local fuel vendors are cutting back on supplying YRC at their yards. Now some have mentioned that they all fuel up at the T/A which is also in financial trouble and would likely extend credit to YRC.

Just a thought and may not be too far fetched. If YRC starts to be cut off by vendors and creditors............then it's over...........remember CF. Ultimately what shut them down was the insurance carrier pulling the plug.

Could also be the 3rd qtr is looking worse then sh*t head Zollars
stated and he is hoping the bills come due after this month.......
Sorta like the layoffs that were handed out last week, 681 was told they
had to get approval to use the laid off men........But freight didn't slow down
to warrant a layoff.......

I'm not saying that TA doesn't extend credit, but most of the truck stop payment methods whether inhouse account of Comdata are directly tied to a bank account which is then withdrawn from directly. I guess that account could be a credit account?